I have adult kids living in my home .one disabled

and one cannoy find a job but both help me out with what ever they can do to help me. I am disables and have a bad heart. My husband is not the father of my children and never wanterd them. He is kicking them out with no place to go. I feel awful.

windwispers

Asked by windwispers at 10:57 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would be kicking my husband to the curb. You should not allow a any man to come between you and your children.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:59 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• you have a choice... where do your loyalties lay??? with your husband or with your children. This is a choice YOU must make.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:58 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He can't kick them out if he's allowed them in to make it their home. He has to legally evict them that means give them a notice by certified mail with at least a 30 day deadline. THEN he has to pay for the sheriff to come evict them.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:00 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sorry but this is not true. If they are your children then no had to do the eviction process unless they where paying rent for there bedroom.
    He can't kick them out if he's allowed them in to make it their home. He has to legally evict them that means give them a notice by certified mail with at least a 30 day deadline. THEN he has to pay for the sheriff to come evict them.
    itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've always been told that even if it's family members, you have a verbal agreement and you must give them a notice to evict.
    That's a hard situation to be in but no man would come before my kid.
    Good luck momma
    abjbrewer

Answer by abjbrewer at 11:08 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Sounds like your entire family needs to sit down talk this all out. Your husband needs to let them know WHY he's kicking them out and you need to let him know WHY you want them to stay and hopefully you can find a middle ground. As for not finding a job.....even in this economy - fast food places, Wal-Mart, etc. are almost always hiring and sometimes having ANY job is what gets you a BETTER job.

As for needing an eviction notice.....this is only if they are PAYING with a LEGAL written agreement!

In my house, upon HS graduation it was either JOB or COLLEGE. No choice if they wanted to live at home, one is in college full time and getting ready to marry his HS sweetheart. His twin, is just finished his law enforcement cert. and is looking for a job in law enforcement, but knows he's got 30 days to get a law enforcement job before we will require him to get ANY job that he can find.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:08 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am sorry but your blood should always come first!

Answer by older at 7:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It is your house too.You need to tell your husband that.And lay down the mom law.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I everyone needs to sit down and having a meeting on how to fix the problem or your husband might just end up leaving you with your adult children. It will be your problem on how to manage expense of it all. GL
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Another "note" - on the "eviction" - If there is no written agreement, no rent being paid, then what has to happen is that you have to have the person arrested for trespassing.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:26 PM on Jun. 29, 2010