What's the worst natural disaster you've ever experienced?

Me personally, an F2 tornado and an 8.2 earthquake (although it was centered a few hundred miles away)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Flash Flood... we were in the car when it hit, but it was a little one, it didn't even come half way up the windows... We don't really get that stuff here.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I have been in both a tornado and a huge flash flood when I was younger.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:06 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• It wasn't that bad but I lived in the Dominican Republic when a couple hurricanes hit. They didn't kill many people in the DR but they did kill a few hundred in Haiti :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 11:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Knocking on some wood here. None.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I've been through a F4 and F5 tornado as a kid, and a flash flood several years ago as an adult.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• An F4 tornado when I was 9, and last year there was something called a gravity wave that hit during a storm. I'd never heard of it before. It came through about 3 in the morning. I remember waking up and thinking it was an earthquake, but went back to sleep. lol. Then when I went outside later that morning there were 2 HUGE trees literally dangling over our house, right over our and our LO's bedrooms. They were both being held up by one tree that was less than half their size. We were SOO lucky! Those trees were really big and if they had fallen all the way it would have killed us all. Found out several homes were destroyed and a few died because of these freak storm.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Hurricane Charley. I was living in Southwest Florida at the time.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• *this* freak storm
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010