would you be upset?

were already struggling to make ends meet and my husband wants to take a whole day off of work to go to the warp tour w his unemployed buddy. he says he's earned it but we already have plans to go to mexico and utah for the summer and i feel that is his reward. i mean i can go to mexico without him but i figured we should go as a family. it's not like on weekends he can't do anything else in fact he goes out during the week as well. i go riding maybe twice a wk. it has nothing to do with him going it's the fact that it's a whole days pay that has me so upset and he doesn't understand. well maybe he shouldn't gotten married n had children.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Warped tour gets crappier and crappier every year.
    I just went and looked at the line up for this year to see if it's worth going to and out of the bands there are only a select few that would be worth seeing. The rest are turds.

He shouldn't waste his time or money.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Get on the same page financially. If there is a struggle to make ends meet, perhaps you both should take a break from the extras. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure you both deserve them, but factor in your financial realities and and define/identify common goals.
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 11:12 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My husband does dumb stuff like this too. Men sees the trees women see the forest. Yes I'd be upset. I would tell him what a whole days pay sacrifices for your family and let him know you are disappointed he is going.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:09 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Seems a bit selfish of him to me. If money is tight the whole family should do something together since trips are going to be few and far between because funds are tight.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:10 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• is he just wanting one day off to spend with the guys? is that the way I am understanding this question? I want to make sure I do understand it before I give an answer.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:11 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, I would be upset. Hope you two can talk things out.
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 11:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes, show him this thread....OR, turn it around and say he needs to stay home for a full day while you go do something....dont actually do it, but see how he likes it.
    xoxticiaxox

Answer by xoxticiaxox at 11:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• he is only going with one friend. he says he didn't want his friend to waste his ticket and that it didn't cost him anything and i said it cost you a whole days pay. he doesn't seem to realize how tight money is cause i handle all the finances. i tell him how we struggle i ask him to take care of the money so that he can see but then he just starts to spend it all cause he doesn't predict or save for the future. it just went to see a band last thursday and in that same wk went to the movies with his friends. i'm just sick of the one always making the scarifices while he is off spending our money like it grows on trees. worst part is is that he knew i didn't want him to go that us being tight on money stresses me out to the extent i don't sleep and i already have a 7 month old that wakes me in the middle of the night. i'm beginning to think i married the wrong man. iI DON'T SEE HOW TO POST ANON SO HERE I AM.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Why would anyone go to Mexico for vacation. Anyways...I think that its a bit selfish, why not go somewhere with you instead of his friends. friends come and go..family is family.
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 6:44 PM on Jun. 29, 2010