Controversial Billboard Defaced

Vandals add "Under God" to the Atheist billboard on the Billy Graham Parkway in NC.

Thoughts?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 11:13 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• The vandal is just that, a VANDAl...I doubt he consulted Jesus, more like his buddies...hehe lets spray paint this....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• How was the billboard controversial? Because it had the ORIGINAL pledge written by Francis Bellamy on it? Yeah that's not controversial, that's patriotic.
    Sadly there will always be fundamentalists who think a posting of the original pledge is unpatriotic, or blasphemous because their god is not included. They have no problem trampling on the rights of others but the second theirs aren't the only ones being recognized they show they are the biggest hypocrites to walk the earth by throwing a hissy fit or vandelizing the property of others.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Someone mentioned that in the really long thread about it. The real shame is it just makes Christians look even worse as a whole, since it's anonymous and you can't single out the individual responsible. Kind of like a flashback to Q&A circa 1 week ago...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• People have way too much time on their hands.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Well should have seen that coming... some ppl just have no concept of "Real history" and at the same time no respect for another's property wither rented or not...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• >:(

My cousin, an 18 year old Christian good ol' cuuuuuuuntry boi, was pissed when he read my facebook status talking about that billboard. He was like "No, you atheists aren't allowed to be recognized because you're all stupid. Atheism is the stupidest thing I've ever seen."

My husband came in and was like "Why are we stupid? We just have different beliefs than you."

And my cousin was like "Atheists or whatever don't believe in anything, which is so dumb. Yeah there are atheists in NC but there are Christians too and we should all be recognized. So you atheists should just shut up. There always have been Christians and there always will be Christians."

I have to take it all with a grain of salt.

I remember when the kid used to sit in his own shit and eat his snot.

*shudder*

caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I remember when the kid used to sit in his own shit and eat his snot.

*shudder*

Please tell me you included that in your next status update.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• juvenile
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 11:16 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• That's a shame.
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:14 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think it's kind of ridiculous and childish

soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010