36 weeks pregnant and bleeding

i had the group b strept today and afterwards i didnt bleed but when i got home and took a nap i woke up and went to the bathroom and i wiped and it was brown and im still having the brown blood and its been 5 hours!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:15 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• When I had the group B, all they did was take a q-tip and swipe my butt. no insertion, scraping. Are you sure it's blood and not feces? Once I got that far along in my pregnancy, the pressure made it hard for me to get clean.

If it is blood, did they do a vaginal check? If so, and the blood is coming from there, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Brown blood means old blood, not fresh.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• thats normal..i had that..if it turns red or gets heavier then you should be concerned.
    MaciesMommy09

Answer by MaciesMommy09 at 11:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I just had my strep B today, and it's just a swab, it wouldn't be causing you to bleed. I would get checked out by the doctor.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• oh yeah, i forgot to mention, he did check me for dilation.
    amanda202010

Answer by amanda202010 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Amanda..then that's probably what's causing it...as long as it isn't a lot of red, I wouldn't worry about it
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:24 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• The internal was what did it. I spotted brown for two days with both of the little ones each time.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010