• In the Spotlight:

what is one of your favoirte childhood memories??

my sister was kissing frogs in the pond. when I asked her what she was doing? she responded looking for a prince LOL

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 11:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Mine would have to be when all my cousins and I were together at my grandparents house just hanging out. There were 10 of us all there at one time, it was a blast!!! We didn't have computers, game systems or even toys. We used our imaginations and made up games, played hide n seek, ghost in the graveyard, etc. We just had fun being kids.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• its kind of a sad memory but its one that i treasure.....i was about 4 or 5 and i had just had tubes put in my ears and my grandpa had bought me a red balloon after the surgery and i was released.....after we got home and got out of the car and were walking onto the porch to go into the house i accidently let loose of the balloon....i remember thinking that it was the best balloon that there ever was cause my papa bought it for me....i started crying and he picked me up and told me it was ok that he could buy me another just like it.....and we stood there and watched it float away. it wasnt very long after that he passed away. so yeah i lost the balloon but i got comforted by one of the very best men God ever put on this earth and I will treasure that memory forever.

R.I.P Lawrence Simpkins I love you and miss you.
    cswink2005

Answer by cswink2005 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Summers at my grandmothers house, though I'm not quite sure why lol. I didn't live far away but I was there all day with my cousins since my mom worked and it was never anything extraordinarily special but I miss those times. I moved across country when I was 12 and haven't lived anywhere near my extended family in over 10 years now so maybe thats why those memories are even more special. I always think about those days whenever summer comes around :(
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• A specific memory I have is one time at my Granny and Grandpa's house. I was spending the night and had had a bath and put on my nightie. Grandpa was cutting the grass and I was running behind him in the freshly cut grass, my feet were completely green and every so often I run over to the back stoop to see my Granny and show her my feet.

I also have lots of memories of spending time with Granny, having tea and "crumpets" (usually her homemade cookies), we'd watch Family Feud and dicuss which family members we'd take on with us if we were ever on it.

I have one memory of my uncle. I can't even see his face in it, but I know it's him. He had put a blanket over his head and was chasing me being a monster. He killed himself when I was 5, but I have that one specific memory of him.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 12:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2010