Does your husband support you in your recycling efforts?

I catch mine throwing out cardboard and cans all the time. I feel offended because he knows it's important to me and also to the kids to recycle and reuse as much as possible.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 11:17 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Mine does this too! It drives me NUTS! How hard is it to throw it in the recycle bin?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• yes and no I guess. I'm not like hardcore "save the earth", the kids watch the recycle things on Nick Jr. and tell me to recycle so I do. He throws his cans in the trash can, but it's not like I'm gonna go dig them out of it to recycle them or anything.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:19 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yes he does, and so does our 5yr old son :)
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My hubby is a bigger recycling fanatic than me ... he's the one that yells at me for throwing away the mayo container ... BUT he won't clean it out either!!
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Our community has a recycling collection on garbage day.  All recycling goes into a blue box.  We have two because we seem to have a lot to recycle lol.  One box is for paper and cardboard and the other is for plastic and cans.  My hubby gets a wee bit touchy if something ends up in the wrong box lol.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• That was one thing that drove me nuts about my ex husband. He'd constantly throw out compostables and recyclables and then think I was being petty for pointing it out or for taking them out of the garbage and putting them into the recycling.

For someone who went vegan for 9 months because it's "better for the environment" her certainly wasted a lot of recyclable products.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 11:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• My DH helps quite a bit with the recycling, but he hates the cloth diapers! If I leave him with the kids for a while, he will change diapers but he puts DS in a disposable. He is also notorious for leaving lights on everywhere.
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 3:10 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• He does a pretty good job about it, but (as bad as it sounds) neither one of us are big on reusing and saving the Earth. Though we definately should be. We do recycle though cause we have roadside pick up in our town. It saves on garbage, cause we only alloted 4 bags a day, and we pay taxes... we might as well use it.
    cthrush82

Answer by cthrush82 at 10:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010