Have you been sucked into Mary Kary, Amway or similar?

It happens to smart women.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 11:18 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• No way. I don't sell that crap and I don't go to parties where people sell that crap. I hate all of those "Come over for a party that's not a party while I try to strong arm you into buying overpriced things you don't need." I've yet to see a single thing from one of those parties that was actually worth the money.
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 7:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• What do you mean it happens to smart women? I got sucked into Mary Kay. It set me back $100.00, which wasn't a very smart decision in my book, but that's JMO.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:20 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I did Mary Kay over 10 years ago. I hated lugging around all that crap and having to hand-hold everyone during parties. Also their product is always changing and it got old trying to make someone understand that they no longer have what they used for 10 years.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh gotcha! I'm so glad I didn't order inventory. The director was really on my case about how I need a store lalalalalala....
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was sucked into modeling for a Mark Kay consultant. She must have thought my make up looked bad lol! I got free stuff tho.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh and after I bought the starter kit I did research(I know should've done that beforehand). Anyways, I went on some message board and some girl's title was " I got screwed by my own Grandma?" hahahahaah! It went on and on about how this girl's grandma got her into this business and it was not profitable at all. It was really funny.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Nope.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I hear that ALL the time. Girls having to buy an outrageous amount of products to stock pile in their home. My Aunt was one of them and also a very good friend of mine who's a hair dresser was "sucked in" to buying $1000 to "stock her store". When she told me this I just about fainted! $1000!? She almost had an anxiety attack! I'm an Independent Consultant for Arbonne and I LOVE IT! We don't have to stock pile inventory, all customers orders are shipped straight to their door! I never have to stop what I'm doing and drive all over town to deliver products! Awesome! The products are botanically based and are completely different from any other products out there. We are the ONLY company that treats aging internally, as well as externally. REsults in 24hrs! Women are going crazy over this skin care because it works! Arbonne is Health & Wellness not just cosmetics.
    This company is changing my life!
    beautyandbrains.myarbonne.com
    BrittsArbonne

Answer by BrittsArbonne at 11:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Thank god but no I never did.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I mean smart women still do things that looking back aren't so smart. I fell in Mary Kay and ordered way too much to stock my "store." What a joke.
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 11:22 PM on Jun. 28, 2010