Someone once told me that being a stay at home mom was a mindless job for lazy people....

Over 15 years ago this lady told me this. I told her there was nothing LAZY about being a at home mom.

mommiedear

Asked by mommiedear at 11:23 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I hear that shit from my boyfriend ALL the time and it makes my blood BOIL! People that say that don't understand how hard it is to be a full time mom, and take care of a household on top of that! My bf tells me "When are you going to get a 'real' job?" I would LOVE to see those ppl do what we do day in and day out!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Obviously this woman never stepped a foot in my home...or any other SAHM's home.
    momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Not lazy but at times boring. Some people don't have the good sense to mind their own business
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Really? I didn't know taking care of your children 24/7 was a mindless, lazy job.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• WOW... I have been a SAHM now for 1yr... and there is nothing LAZY about it..... Sometimes I think it would be easier to go back to work full time LOL ... being a SAHM has made my DH lazy LOL maybe that is what that person meant :D WOW Lazy... i wish i could be lazy for just 1 day!!!

chiana

Answer by chiana at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Yea, that person was pretty ignorant to what it's truly like. Not only is it VERY involved, it's non-stop.Even when I'm on Cafemom, I have my son right next to me, and I'm playing with him in between questions, lol. I think some women don't have hate patience for it. I've known plenty who have admitted to me that they wouldn't be able to do it. To me, it's the most important job I could ever have, and I love it, but it's NOT a job for lazy people. Even if were "mindless", which is isn't, doesn't make it easy. I think women that say those kinds of things are just jealous. Why else would they feel the need to make such an ignorant, generalized statement?
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Some people have no class or respect for others. There are plenty of lazy people getting paid money for mindless jobs, too. I wonder if she is one of them!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• She had obviously never been a SAHM.

DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 11:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• i just had to lol at that!
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:26 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• she was obviously not a sahm mom herself cause anyone who is would never had said that I wish people who think like that could spend one day in a sahm's shoes they will have a diff outlook after
    mom2ryneandsam

Answer by mom2ryneandsam at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010