Really worried bout being induced tommorow.....

Im really worried about being chemically induced tommorow. They have to induce me because my uterus and the placenta are deteriarting. So the doctors in charge of my pregnancy are kind of in alot of trouble becaue that means Im almost a month and a half over due. They didnt listen to me when I kept telling them I'm further along then they want to say I am. They kept puttng whatever they wanted for my LMP and not what I told them. I'm scared cuz the doctors are kind of all mad about it and got written up. I really hope they arent in charge of my induction tommorow but I dont know. Anyway has anyone had to have a chemical induction done and how did it turn out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:25 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• If you are uncomfortable with them being your doctors, you TELL THEM to get the heck out of your room and you tell the hospital you refuse to have them in charge of you.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 11:27 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was on Pitocin. Hard labor started at 21 hours into it...they broke my water at 26 hours, I caved for the epidural at 28 hours and finally had her at 32.5 hours.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Call the hospital and speak to labor and delivery NOW. Tell them the doctors are guilty of malpractice and that you need to be reassigned.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:28 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was induced with my youngest. It was a long boring night for the most part. I never got past 7cm and maxed out on pitocin and my epidural. They turned off the epidural and I still went nowhere. This is like 12 hours of induction. Most of it just watching Roseanne on Nick at Night. I kept saying I needed to push for hours and they wouldn't let me because I was only at 7cm. Finally my OB said let's try some trial pushes I have delivered your two babies, they were big, it worked lets see what happens. 15 minutes after the first "trial" push, my daughter was born. :) Good luck sweetie! you will have your baby in your arms soon!
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 11:29 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Wow i've never heard of somone being that overdue thats so dangerous even if a baby is a couple days over due they can have meconium not sure about spelling, but thats where the baby poops and if the baby swallows it can cause a really bad lung infection. I'm so sorry i hope your induction goes well for you. I was induced with 2 of my 3 and everything went great its actually better than going into labor by yourself.
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 11:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• if you are that far along you actually might need a c section because your uterus won't be strong enough to push the baby out if it's deteriorating. i hope your baby is ok and i would start a malpractice suit against them right away
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:32 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I was chemically induced with both of my children. With the first my water broke without any contractions, with the second I was overdue. There is nothing to be scared of! The worst part is that you have to remain bed ridden which makes it very difficult as the contractions start coming on. I did not want an epideral but was not able to work through the contractions laying down. I quickly learned that the epideral was the best thing ever! I actually napped from 4 cm to 10 cm, they had to wake me up to push! My only advice is to remember that it is your body and your baby. Make sure you (or your husband) know exactly what they are giving you and what to expect. If you are not comfortable with your doctors, just remember that they work for you! Feel free to fire them and ask the nursing staff to get someone else. Best of luck! Congratulations!
    RodeoMamaof2

Answer by RodeoMamaof2 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I am so sorry about this! You need to listen to the first response and tell them you want no NEED a different doctor to do your delivery. I pray that everything goes well for you tomorrow.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 11:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• First, the PP who said it's better to be induced than to go into labor on your own, and that it's dangerous to go just a couple days overdue couldn't be more wrong. With that being said, it sounds like you have no other choice if they've done enough tests to prove your placenta and uterus are deteriorating. My placenta was deteriorating at 41 weeks with my 2nd DD, but luckily my doc just kept a close eye on me, and I went into labor on my own. I was chemically induced with my 3rd, and the induction process itself was fine, however I had a severe PP hemorrhage due to the amount of pitocin it took to get labor going. If your uterus is that bad, I would be questioning whether or not a chemical induction is the safest route for you. My uterus was healthy, and I still hemorrhaged. I can't even imagine the effects of pitocin on an already weakened uterus. I hope you're able to get a knowledgeable OB tomorrow. Best of luck.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was induced with my 3rd and it really wasn't that bad. The contractions weren't any worse, faster, harder, etc. than my previous 2 vaginal births where I went into labor on my own. Don't worry about it - stressing will definitely make it worse than it is. Just relax and take it slow. It will be okay and soon you will be holding your beautiful baby and most likely forget about the delivery, or at least know that it was worth it! Good luck!

Answer by missanc at 6:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010