Potty training HELL

OK so my son just turned 2, and potty training has become a night mare for me and my DH. we've been working on it for like 6 months now. and just when we think hes starting to get it there's this giant slid back words. he knows where to go he knows when he needs to go. but hes just to lazy to get up and stop what hes doing to go in to the bathroom to go. I've tried candy for going, aiming for fruity lops, and he would never understand stickers on a board. its so bad that my DH told me while i am go at my friends for a few days that hes started to knowdes that every time he gives you his sippy cup to get more food he stands there and pees on the floor. we take him to the bathroom every hour and if we go in there when he has to go he'll go. but if not he just pees where he is. and when you get on to him for it he knows to run to the bathroom. please HELP where at our whits ends with him.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 11:30 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• He does not sound like he's ready. We tried at 18 months and then stopped and tried again at 24 months. The second time, it went smoothly. Maybe give a break and try in a couple more months. The only people its frustrating are you and DH.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I think it may be too early. It doesn't sound like he's ready. It's not just about KNOWING when to go, it's also about muscle strength. It takes muscles to hold your pee until you get to a potty and all LO's develop these muscles at different ages.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Honestly, you started way earlier than most folks. And, it is VERY common for kids to regress during training. However, if you wait until they are ready and work very hard and consistently, kids can be trained in less than a week. Don't get mad at him. I suggest taking him every 30 minutes until he has that down. And then move on to 45 minutes.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Have you tried the 3 Day Potty Training Guide by Lora Jensen? 3daypottytraining.com
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He is just not ready yet. Just keep trying. My daughter started last Monday and is now doing great. We still have a hard time with #2 but we will get there. YOU can not get mad or that just back fires. My daughter went on the potty at 15 mths and I said this could be easy I was wrong. She is 2.5 and got up and just did it. Just keep doing what you are doing he will get there!! He knows. "Hugs"
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:37 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• We waited til our daughter was almost 3 because that way she could hold her pee longer she was potty trained in one day. Sometime their muscles arent strong enough to hold their pee. Mayb try putting a little potty his room or the living room that way he doesnt have to go all the way to the bathroom. Good luck
    AWebber212

Answer by AWebber212 at 11:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• He might not be ready. We tried at that age with out DD and she wasn't ready. We waited 6 months and it took her 2 months to be fully trained.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• at 2 expecally for boys its really early. My boys are about to be 3 and one is just ready the other is not. just give it some time then start again
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 11:35 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I say go back to training from the start. Take him in the br every 20 minutes have him sit there for a few and if he goes you do the happy dance if he doesn't go then you repeat it all over again. GL'
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2010