Olympia Snowe: More Flip Flops than Jimmy Buffett

So since the Dem's lost Byrd's vote (not to be crude, but chars limited), and because they decided to add even MORE crap to the finance reform bill, they are now, once again, looking at the possibility of it not passing. Once again, part of it will come down to Snowe voting with her fake party or her real party - you decide which is which.

Honestly, there are enough people fed up with this one on both sides to kill it. Think it will get through?
(link in 1st)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:33 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I really hope it doesn't go through. Any fees added to the banks WILL be passed to the consumer, they always are. And we already have a dozen or more government agencies to oversee various sectors of our economy. Why not overhaul THEM, and make what we already have work the way it is supposed to, instead of adding MORE to the government?
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would love to say that I don't think they will get it through, considering I didn't think they would get that debacle they call health care reform through - my record of guessing what will pass isn't stellar. I suppose since they put the word Affordable on the health care bill everyone that wanted it was so pleased with the fact that it was going to be affordable that they didn't bother to peek inside the 2000 page bill before voting it in. I expect the same ignorance to be on display for this bill.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Who was It I heard say, We won't know how it will affect things until it has been in the works for a while ? One of those Dumbos in congress.
    Another bill they don't know anything about. These idiots think they only have to give the people a little bit of info that sounds good and thats all that is necessary. 2000 pages and we get maybe 4 talking points? You must be kidding. This bill, as usual has so much in it that we don't know about and it surely won't stop the big boys from being risky. It only gives our government the leeway to decide what is good or bad and how to deal with it and that is SCARY. It will drive up fees for Americans and that is not what is needed now. Unfortunately, I do believe it will pass sooner or later.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010