He won't listen, so how can I get my point across without actually cheating?

My husband goes over to his buddies to play freakin' video games seriously almost every single day (I know that's where he's at since they only live right down the street). Anyways it pisses me off when he has to be over there everyday and I'm trying to tell him that it makes me feel lonely and I'm tired of not having the company of my own damn husband. I tried to hint that this is why women cheat, although I wouldn't. But I want him to understand that this is why women do! Any advice on what I can do other than talking to him because he obviously doesn't get it. I tried to leave him at home and go out on my own to show him how it feels to just be left but I can never find anything to do for very long lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• i dont know but dont cheat. that will ruin any kind of relationship you have.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 11:40 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Join a gym, they are open late, and you can just leave....work out, and he won't know where you are. Take a class once a week, a craft class or something, join a book club. Let him wonder what you're up to. I normally don't recommend deception, but I know exactly how you feel. Years ago I went through this with my husband (although it wasn't video games. We've been married 22 years, and he doesn't take off and leave me alone anymore, but I remember feeling less important than his friends and sports.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• You'd really cheat in response to video games...really? How does that thought come into the mix? If you're that unhappy, tell him you need changes/compromise to keep the marriage together. If he's too stubborn, or just doesn't get that, then demand counseling. If he refuses that then use the "D" word or find some innocent habit to annoy him. My god, I don't agree, but you know where he is and what he's doing...cheating? Again, really?
    2boimommy

Answer by 2boimommy at 11:50 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• 2boimommy I'm pretty sure she said she WOULDN'T cheat lol. I agree with the gym and class idea. Find something productive to do with your time and hopefully that will also make him realized he is not the only one that can just get up and go find something to do!

jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2010