I am in a difficult situation involving my sister and dont know what to do.

My sister is 22 years old.We have known Lacey since we were born.Well my sister is a very depressed person because of how life has been for her she stayed in the house all the time never left. She doesnt drive and doesnt have many friends,but is truly a wonderful person. Lacey introduced us to this girl named Megan who is gay. Lacey has known her for a few years. Megan is a really great person who happen to live in the apartment next to my sister. My sister and her became bestfriends. My sister is straight. Well Lacey used to be gay. When I seen Megan talked kinda bad about Lacey.Then the other day I went to Lacys daughters party and Megan showed up with her all buddy buddy. They were like we would have invited your sister but did not think she would come in a rude way. Megan stayed all night with Lacey for 2 nights and things happened. Then she admitted they talked shit about my sister the whole time.Should I tell her or not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• That's a hard situation to be in. Your sister deserves to know that her friends aren't really friends. However, it might give your sister the impression that you're trying to rip her friends away from her. I would go about it this way .. First sit down with your sister and see what her feelings are towards these girls. See if she has any reservations about them. Then try to lightly touch the subject of what they admitted to you. She does deserve to know. Nobody wants to be the friend of someone who talks bad about them behind their back. Anyone who says otherwise is lying and everyone would want to know.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I would.
    jamesmommy512

Answer by jamesmommy512 at 11:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Stay out of it. Let your sister figure out on her own how her friend is. If you intrude you might be painted as the bad guy.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:46 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I agree with jazz, but the only other advice I would give is that you need to be prepared for your sisters reaction or the drama it might bring. Hopefully your sister will understand that you are coming from a caring place and only want her to be careful. She might not want to stop talking to them but that just means she needs to learn on her own. Oh and one more thing, try and keep your own opinion about the girls out of it while talking to her. If you give her the story in the right way she will see on her own that they were being bad friends an will probably be more willing to listen then you saying you think it's wrong. Good luck, you sound like your being a good sister
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 2:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010