How do I stop my hair from falling off????

Well my hair is like extra thin and on top off that. I think is damaged too, and I'm breasfeeding and my hair seems to be falling off alot!!! IM ALMOST BALD!!! what can I do to keep it from falling, atleast just a lil less????

vania_jmz

Asked by vania_jmz at 11:41 PM on Jun. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• seek a doctor you may have a form of alopecia, and if you seek a doctor they may be able to treat it with shots.

Ones the follicle closes up, your hair can't grow back.. so definitely seek a dr.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Sorry - nothing you can do. It happened to me too. My hair started coming back around the 8 month mark - maybe 7. I hope it does for you too!
    Katt709

Answer by Katt709 at 11:42 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• Oh my goodness, Sorry this is happening. Maybe go see a dermatologist. Your hormones might be all out of wack and it may be temporary.

Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 11:44 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• How long ago did you deliver? My hard is thin and damaged too. However when I was pregnant, it got super thick. I was like yay!!!! Well that was short lived because about 3 months after I had my son, it started falling out like CRAZY! I mean like chunks in the shower, hair on EVERYTHING. And that continued for about 2 months. I seriously thought I was going to go bald too but I didn't. Every day you shed hair normally. Well when you are pregnant, you don't shed as much as you normally do, but once you deliver, all that hair that didn't fall out when you were pregnant, starts to come out all at once. You won't go bald I promise. This was all told to me by my doctor who I called in a panic BTW.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:45 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• How old is your LO? Around the 3 month mark your hair will start to fall out after NOT falling out during your pregnancy. Even my dh was worried when he saw how much I was throwing away after a shower!! It was crazy! My doc reassured me that there is nothing you can do and it is totally normal. GL momma!!
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 11:47 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I had to read this because you said your hair was falling off and I wondered wth that meant lol. In response to the actual question, I think taking prenatal or a multi vitamin every day should help.
    dmdblleb

Answer by dmdblleb at 11:51 PM on Jun. 28, 2010

• I use Rogaine well not that brand I use the Walmart brand I have very thin hair on top especialllyit helps me but once you start you have to keep using it bc you stop all the hair that was staying on your would all come off. And the little hairs that grow back are not a lot but hey but it does work Also try not to wash your too often. Maybe like very other day you need to keep them oils in the hair sometimes those oils do help keep hair pretty. Try massaging your scalp so you the scalp kind of tingly and start making the oil to come
    out. Keep doing this all will turn out alright GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 11:54 PM on Jun. 28, 2010