What's a reasonable price for a monthly gym membership?

At a decent size place with lots of amenities but nothing too fancy lol.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• i go to planet fitness. ten dollars a month and its a fantastic judgment free gym
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I pay almost $70 a month but that includes indoor and outdoor pools that my 3 kids can use, childcare up to 2 1/2 hours a day per kid and classes. So I guess that's fancy LOL but I wouldn't pay more than 30 for a place that was just weight and cardio.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We pay 50 somthing for a family membership at the YMCA but it doesn't include child care so we probably end up paying about $100 a month :(
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• What state are you in ali? I haven't heard of Planet Fitness... I wish we had something for $10 a month!
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 12:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Connecticut but there are planet fitness gyms all over the U.S. just go to planetfitness.com and find one near you. it's probably the best gym i've ever belonged to. plenty of machines. tv's so you can watch tv while you work out, and for an extra 10 a month (20 dollars) you can bring a guest for free as many times as you want, go to any planet fitness gym in the U.S., unlimited tanning and use of the massage chairs, and the option of working with a personal trainer. and it's judgment free
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't attend a fitness club, however where I live they have gyms that offer memberships for $10 per month.
    gotfavor

Answer by gotfavor at 1:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It honestly just depends on what all your getting.
    I was paying $50/m for curves and thought that it was way to much. There you have to do the "circuit" and you can only do it once per day, and most of them are closed on the weekends.
    cfdm3s_mommy

Answer by cfdm3s_mommy at 9:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't pay more than $30 a month. I was paying almost 60 with childcare included but having issues with them not really watching my child I took them all out and canceled my membership.
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• We pay $50 a month at the Y. That's a family membership so things like swimming and soccer classes are half price (about $5-10 a week depending) and use of the baby sitting room. It's a bit pricey for summer when there's no baby sitting but it's a great deal the rest of the year. I know one woman with 5 kids who comes in a few days a week and spends an hour in the gym while someone else watches her kids. That's some value for money right there!
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 1:12 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• im sure it depends on the area and if its for one or more. a single membership around here (Texas) is $50 month. sometimes cheaper if you have it bak drafted or pay the whole year fee at once. its just cheaper for me to exercise on my own.
    lillie70

Answer by lillie70 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 29, 2010