have you ever gone on a playdate

with a married man and his kid??

alexis_06

Asked by alexis_06 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes and it was just as boring for me as normal play dates. I will admit some of the questions he asked about how I raise my kids I found funny. He apparently let his 2 year old get it's way most of the time. It was like I turned into a parenting advice columnist for an hour and a half.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 12:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I can't say I have.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• would you??
    alexis_06

Comment by alexis_06 (original poster) at 12:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have an unmarried man but he had a gf and I was married. We did playdates all the time. His gf thought it was weird, didn't like it. My husband didn't care because he knew we were just friends and he could come anytime he wanted to.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I do it all the time with my neighbor. We're both married though. I see why you might think it was weird...particularly if you're not married. I did read though that of stay at home parents, stay at home dad's are becoming more and more common...I think the article said 25% now.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Would I? I don't know. If he was a good friend of both mine and my husbands and we both knew the wife really well than yes I think I would be okay with it if the wife was okay with it. I know my husband would be okay with it.
    This is a tough question.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It would depend if it were in a public place, I guess. I wouldn't if it was at his home.
    cat4458

Answer by cat4458 at 11:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2010