Gaining weight and having a break down

Today my husband finally realized how much weight I've been gaining. I've been telling him for months that my clothes don't fit that I'm disgusting. He finally let me go but some pants that do fit me. He says I'm not all that big, but he doesnt understand. I was 110 pounds in a size 3-5 depending on the brand now I'm 145 and barley fit in a 10. All my eight is in my hips and in my stomach. I hate the way I feel, the way I look but no matter what I do the weight stays. I gained 15lbs the past couple months. I've been getting the deop shot so I know that plays into some weight gain. I've been out of commision a month and havent been able to walk because of my foot. I dont know what to do. I want to get back to what I look liked. I had a break down at the store when I had to keep moving up sizes. I dont want to feel this way but I do. Any tips on how to lose weight? I eat right and now exciseize but the weight isnt leaving.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• I would start with simple changes.
    Don’t buy junk food
    Walk, or do other exercise, for at least 20 minutes a day, at least 3 times a week.
    Make sure that you are drinking enough water, at least 8 8oz glasses a day.
    Eat an apple or big pile of veggies before meals.
    Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables a day, in at least 3 different colors.
    Eat 5-6 servings of whole grains a day.
    Eat at least two servings of legumes a day.
    Cut way back on meat and dairy

Answer by rkoloms at 6:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It takes months and months and months of consistent hard work and dedication to lose weight and keep it off. Perhaps try seeing a nutritionist or a personal trainer? They could help develop a personalized plan to help you get back in shape. Good luck!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 12:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was 150 and a size 6 - 8 and a small or medium shirt and HAPPY. I know that sounds like a lot of weight but I was muscular so I didn't look fat and I looked good. I had to go buy new jeans and shirts the other day I'm a 16 and in XL shirts now, I cried in the dressing room while trying on my clothes. I changed our diet at home we eat way more fresh fruits and vegetables and I stopped drinking sodas and I drink at least eight glasses of water a day. I haven't dropped any weight yet but I'm not actively trying to lose weight since I'm breastfeeding but I'm revamping our diet and as soon as my new baby starts sleeping a little better I'll start waking up early and exercising. I don't expect to be the same size and shape I used to be but I WILL drop this weight, and you will too!
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You may think you eat right, but aren't eating the correct portions. If so try Weight Watchers since you have a small amount of weight to lose. If it is related to the depo shot, reconsider your form of birth control. IF it's about your foot, then chin up until you work out more and try to do some upper body cardio and free weights.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm gonna blame a good bit of your problem on the depo!

Hang in there! You CAN lose the weight! Don't get discouraged! I've plateaued at 165 for like the last 3 months.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 12:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• BTW now I weigh in at a ridiculously hefty (for me) 190lbs, it makes me want to weep to write that number down.
    GigantaursMommy

Answer by GigantaursMommy at 12:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Your taking meds that make your body think it is pregnant. It's only reasonable that you are going to gain weight like a pregnant woman. Talk to your dr about switching birth control.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 9:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010