Child Molestation

as a child of 5 till my teens I was abused sexually by my dad who was a ministerand several male family members encluding my grampa. I had a horriable painful life and when I married I thought it was all over. wrong.. I was raped and my daughters molested violently as well. he went to jail for 5 months only and 5 years probation... I cannot shake this pain and it comes up all the time in my mind. I hate sex all together for this reason. I am 62 years old and have a bad heart now and lupus as well. I would love for this mental pain to go away. I grieve every day for my daughters. I have my daughter living with me. she is 44 now and this had really messed up her life ad well as this fakily. I Love my children very much and do not understand how a man can take an innocent child and use then for there own lust... I need help...I found out when my 5 ear old daughter came to me and told me....I went right to the police station.

windwispers

Asked by windwispers at 12:19 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• Wow. I am really sorry. :( HUGS. I don't think any of us have an explanation for why such evil people do such horrible things to innocent children...especially their own flesh and blood. Maybe talking to someone like a therapist may help? Just remember that even though the justice system failed you, like it has so many others, justice WILL be served in the end. And no time is jail will ever be as bad as eternity in HELL.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 6:53 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You did the right thing. None of this was your fault. You can have a full life without sex. People are sick and they do sick things. I am SO sorry you have been through this. Can you and your daughter go to counseling together to help you heal. You have been through so much and are likely suffering PTSS (post traumatic stress syndrome) too as a result. I hope you and your daughter can find some sort of peace together.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• look into counseling, nd if you have tried it, try it again. we survivors can only hope for peace if we walk thru it with the help of someone specifically trained.
    best of luck to you nd your family and remember-it was something done TO, it doesnt have to define you anymore. take that power back.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am so very sorry. There really aren't words for the scum-of-the-earth "men" that can commit these atrocities.

I'll pray for you, if you'd like.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was molested for 6 years by my best friends father. I called him Daddy even though he didn't have a romantic relationship with my mom, i still felt like his daughter and i were sisters and he was my father. (My bio father is also a sex offender, ironically. But he did not molest me).
    I have PTSD.

You both need counseling even if you don't have PTSD.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm so sorry. You should look into counseling and support groups. You're not alone and there are many people who have gone through similiar situatiions who can help you.
    My thoughts will be with you.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• You did the right thing. You took care of it as soon as you found out. That's what is important. You protected your daughters. I'm sorry for what you all have been through. You should definitely look into counseling or a support group and if you have faith in a religion you should also think about seeking help there. You are not alone. We are all here for you. Just turn on your computer and we are here.
    Cheryl4424

Answer by Cheryl4424 at 1:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My prayers are with you and your daughters.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Seek counseling. A good therapist will help you and your dd to start that healing process. It's very important. To have that healing process take place.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 12:54 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm terribly sorry for your pain and all that you and your family have been through. I would like to suggest counseling, as have others. I would also suggest two books in particular. The first is Resurrection After Rape by Matthew Atkinson. The second is Beauty from Ashes by Joyce Meyers.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 5:30 PM on Jun. 29, 2010