HAVE YOU SEEN THIS???? I just read it and its CRAZY!!!

http://www.j-walk.com/other/goodwife/index.htm

you should all read this and tell me if you agree with any of it!

momofone072506

Asked by momofone072506 at 12:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Cassidhesmom: Knowing it was the expectation back then makes it that much more horrifying. I actually know a few women(my mother included) who still think this way. I also know there are some men who think this way too. It is a terrible misinterpretation of marriage. Marriage should a partnership where both parts are treated as equally important. i pity the women who lived and were raised in times were these were their expectations.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 1:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• clicky for ya!

lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• In 1955, that wasn't humor. In a lot of cases, that was the expectation--have you ever seen any of the film from then, the "educational" ones? This list may or may not be true--there is a discussion on Snopes about it, but the behavior WAS often expected. I understand the idea of being a supportive, loving wife. If that's what this was, I'd be all for it. But I think in return, the husband should be loving and supportive as well. I HOPE this is a joke, really I do. (The place where it is linked from is not the origin, so while NOW it is humor, that doesn't necessarily mean that's what it was meant for.) Either way, it's a bunch of bunk. Marriage is supposed to be a partnership, not selling oneself into bondage. Blech.
    Cassidhes_Mom

Answer by Cassidhes_Mom at 1:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes I have. My HUSBAND gave it to me once. As a joke.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:49 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh, my, heavens. I think it's meant to be funny... It says "more humor" in the link at the bottom. But I really found that a bit horrifying..
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Was this for REAL???
    michelle146

Answer by michelle146 at 12:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• OMFG!!!!! Screw that!!!! Nobody is my master, no way in hell are his topics of conversation more important than mine(they should be equal),I will RAISE HELL if he is out all night and your damn right I will question his judgment if he is in the wrong! Just cause he goes to work doesn't make him more important than me. I spend all time day chasing after, cleaning up from, teaching, feeding and cleaning kids, so if the house is a little chaotic and not immaculately he can deal with it.
    krystie-tina

Answer by krystie-tina at 12:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• LOL
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ha yea right when hell freezes over
    Ronique1989

Answer by Ronique1989 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It really wasn't meant as a joke back then. I checked- it really is from Housekeeping Monthly, 13 May, 1955. haha. Sick.

What I want to know is WHY all or most of you ladies that just answered seemed (rightly) horrified and disgusted by this YET the other day I posted asking "Do you consider yourself to be a Feminist?" and was told no by all but two women. Things like this ridiculous list are exactly WHY Feminism came about!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010