but its his dad !

Since the beginning (6monthsgo) his dad always clowns on me and says I'm fat and tells my bf to get a prettier skinnier girl and that he can do wayy better! But today! He had the nerve to confront me about something! He said he did a background check on me and he found out I am on medication and depression pills, which I recently stopped and he had the nerve to tell me I am too dangerous for his son! That ppl like me r crazy :/ my bf told him to be quiet but still idk what to do!

elliebaby

Asked by elliebaby at 12:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• whoa. and how do you find out meds on a background check? That should be private. Are you sure it wasn't his personal go through your medicine cabinet background check. This guy sounds like a jerk. Your bf should have a man to man talk and he should tell him his behavior towards you is unacceptable.
    jamesonjustines

Answer by jamesonjustines at 12:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Umm that info is confidential. How did he get it?
    Allergic2Stupid

Answer by Allergic2Stupid at 12:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Medications you're taking aren't listed on your background check, so if he found out that you take antidepressants, i'd be giving your doctors office the 3rd degree about their patient privacy policy. Your medical information is protected BY LAW. It's called HIPPA and if you know anyone in that office that personally knows your ex, and you find that they gave him personal medical information, they CAN be prosecuted. Now, if this is just word of mouth, because you told someone, and they told him, let it roll off your back. Sounds like your ex is desperate and wants you back and will stop at nothing to see your current SO leave you.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 12:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yeah medications aren't in any background check he has access to. He's bluffing and you went along. Ignore him and tell him to get a life.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• wow, what a prick for even checking your background and depression pills dont make you crazy, they help you. i would probably talk to my bf about it and get him to talk to his dad about it. let his dad know that he's happy with you, and he shouldnt be checking you out like that. i mean, whocares if your skinny or fat? your going out with his son, not him. if your bf dont do anything about it, be mad at him. he should be sticking up for you more. not letting his father do that to you. no girl ever deserves to be treated like that, espeshally from HIS family.
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 1:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• medical records aren't a part of a background check
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• He's lying. Or he obtained the information illegally? I bet he's lying, though. Futhermore, somebody on depression medications is not dangerous. Does he know how many people in the U.S. are on depression meds?
    He sounds like a nut case! Can you ask your BF to have a talk with him? Maybe he can explain to him who you really are.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 1:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• RUN. trust me my mil has made my life miserable for years now.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 1:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The guy is a whack job and should be avoided...why does a guy make a background check to begin with? and why is he so insecure feel that anyone on meds is dangerous? guys like him are dangerous!
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That info is protected under HIPAA so he's lying or someone broke the law. Maybe your bf mentioned it to him innocently? I don't know, but I would think long and hard about whether you would want him as a family member!
    LittleWeloosMom

Answer by LittleWeloosMom at 2:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2010