Do you think they should raise or lower the legal drinking age?

Do you think they should raise or lower the legal drinking age? If so what age do you think would be the best age?

tanya777

Asked by tanya777 at 12:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it needs to be lowered to 18. If an 18 year old is old enough to choose to die for his or her country, and vote in elections for their contry, they should be old enough to have a drink without breaking the law to do so.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes i think it should be lowered to 18. A lot of teens are already drinking. If they were allowed to drink socially with adult supervision the need to go to these binging parties would not be as attractive. and also, if they are old enough to die for their country, you are old enough to have a drink. The main thing I would emphasis is moderation. We are all responsible for our own actions. Parents should not allow their children to go to any party where there is no responsible adult in attendance. This means checking up on where our children are is parents responsibility.
    momofone072506

Answer by momofone072506 at 1:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm not sure about lowered, just because I can't imagine high school seniors legally drinking. That seems off. But it most certainly should not be raised.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 1:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think it should stay where it is.
    ceemuhreeashbee

Answer by ceemuhreeashbee at 1:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think it is fine where it is. 18 was way too young and obviously didn't work well before, probably because most are still in high school at 18 and have younger friends. But anything over 21 would be a bit ridiculous.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 1:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• nope its fine where its at
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 1:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The one lady had a point about being 18 and voting or joining the military. I guess it is just possible they can make great decisions at 18 while drinking.
    Mommy2mj

Answer by Mommy2mj at 1:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• stay the same
    baby1mom

Answer by baby1mom at 1:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Certainly not lower than 20; brains continue developing until this age, and are at the most risk of brain damage (from marijuana, too)

Answer by rkoloms at 6:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think they should leave it where it is. Although they can vote and enlist at 18, as rkoloms pointed out, brain development is still occurring. Making a substance that can harm the brain legal earlier than 21 makes no sense to me.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 7:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2010