help me explain to my boyfriend....

that i'm not helpless. it's summertime and i really want to go hiking with him. he said he doesn't want me to go hiking cause i might fall yet he doesn't mind me running on the treadmill when we go to the gym. i may be 37 weeks pregnant but i don't wanna lie around, i want to go outside and do stuff and damnit i wanna go hiking. i'm in great shape, i don't waddle or wobble, and for gods sake i was just running on the treadmill at the gym 2 hours ago. i'm not gonna fall hiking on a damn hiking trail. i realize he wants me and our daughter to be safe but that's just rediculous. i can't stay cooped up in this house til i pop, i need to be outside being active. what can i say to him that'll knock some sense into him?

aliishott2

Asked by aliishott2 at 1:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just tell him you are going.. You want to enjoy your self with him.
    windwispers

Answer by windwispers at 1:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would ask the doctor your next visit if it is safe. He might not believe you but I am sure he will believe the doctor.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 1:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• lol, sounds like he is afraid of having to deliver a baby on a hiking trail miles away from help. I know you think you can do anything right now, but he doesnt want anything to happen to you out on a trail. Jogging on a treadmill in a gym is a lot different then being out on a hiking trail alone. Sounds like you got a great guy there hon. Pick your battles. How bout a jog around the park, would he go for that?
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Tell him you wanna go and explain to him that everything will be fine good luck
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 1:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• exercise and walking is good and can even help with labor and causes better sleeps at night too! ask a doctor or even, look it up online. i'm sure theres other websites about pregnancy he could read up on, even for dads. :)
    CandieGirl09

Answer by CandieGirl09 at 1:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Hiking at 37 weeks? well hey if you have the energy, give it a shot, just remember that your balance is screwy even if you don't notice on solid flat ground. Be careful. And btw, hiking is not necessary. Why don't you guys just go for a nice long walk or something?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I personally was told not to do anything like that after 36 weeks. Basically the issue is if you lose your footing which you are already a little off balance, you coudl seriously hurt yourself or your unborn child. I would definatley consult your midwife and be grateful your SO is concerned and tries to be a little protective.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 10:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• But, what if you do fall? I don't want you to get hurt, which is probably your hubby's excuse... Just ask him to stop leaving you alone at home!

smokisses

Answer by smokisses at 1:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• don't have a doctor, i have a midwife and my next appt with her isn't til next week. i guess i could call her but i can't believe he doesn't trust me or better yet how inconsistent he is cause i'm more likely to slip on a treadmill then a trail
    aliishott2

Comment by aliishott2 (original poster) at 1:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• actually the trail is maybe 10 minutes from the hospital hahaha so even if i went into labor we'd be fine
    aliishott2

Comment by aliishott2 (original poster) at 1:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010