Have you ever sent a Coach purse back for repair?

Maybe I am wrong but I thought Coach repaired their genuine products free of charge? My only everyday purse is a classic black Coach that I have had almost ten years and love. Simple but classic. The zipper is stuck though and there is nothing I can see stuck in it.

jamesonjustines

Asked by jamesonjustines at 1:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Shopping

• I would go to their website and see if they have a phone number you can call and ask. I just sent my sunglasses to the manufacturer that I've had for 3 years that my dog got ahold of. They are replacing the temples for only the processing fee of $10. $75 to repair the entire frames, which I decided I can live with a couple of teeth marks in the frames.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have never heard of them repairing them.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 1:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I looked on their website. They only charge $20 shipping and handling but was wondering if others had success in rec'ing them back timely and stuff. It'd be a shame to spend the $20 if they can't repair it, but putting a new zipper in should be easy enough I would think.
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 1:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I think that would be an easy repair.
    Meladori_Magpie

Answer by Meladori_Magpie at 1:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had another black leather purse years ago from JCPenney I really loved and brought to a shoe cobbler that did purse and leather repairs, too. I had used the same chain for the purse previously and they did a fantastic job. Then the second time, for a zipper just like this one, they used a very different ugly zipper and used GLUE to put in. It looked so gross and was most likely ruined. I said I didn't think I should have to pay since in order to carry it again I would have to see if anyone else could fix it and they said if I didn't want to pay fine, but I wouldn't get my purse back. Leaving it there felt so sad and wrong I paid for it and took it home only to end up letting it go eventually when I didn't think it could be repaired with so much glue on the leather.
    jamesonjustines

Comment by jamesonjustines (original poster) at 1:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• As long as you sent in the warranty card, you should not have an issued getting it repaired.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Wait I have 4 Coach purses all guine purchased by me at the store. I did not know you were to send in a warranty card. Now I gotta look through my purses for the cards since I keep everything when I purchase them. The receipt, the cards, the tags.....

Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 11:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2010