Are you offended by cursing in the Q&A section?

Do you get upset when you see someone use vulgar language in a post? Would you vote them down if you see it?
Is there a certain limit to the amount you can take? Or how many times it is used? Or the context in which it is used?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 2:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's really hard to offend me.

If somebody was calling somebody a "f@cki@@ b*tch" or something like that I would ignore it and stay clear from that person. if somebody said, "I had a great f$cking time" that's fine and good for them;)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm not offended by vulgar language in a post. Then again I'm not offended by in in person either. I couldn't imagine voting someone down for it, unless they were verbally abusing someone else.
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 2:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't care as long as it isn't racial or the c-word. Other than that, it doesn't matter to me what people say.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No I am not really offended if there is cussing as long as it is not directly towards another member, I think that just shows the person's inability to control herself and get her point accross without having to insult others in the process.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• reading cuss words in a post or question does not bother me...(except if someone is being nasty to another cafe mom member) hearing cuss words ... well it depends... i do not like to hear cussing around children... but me, when my DD goes to bed and i want to say effing ay man... i do... but i never call a person by any cuss words!! ok well i have at times but only when i am talking to my DH or BF and if that person upset me or bothered me or something like that... like my ex supervisor she was a b*tch !!! and my ex BF was a fargin icehole!!!
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 2:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Simply I wish ppl would mostly stop cursing...it shows a real lack of intelligence! I have always been taught growing up in my family that a lot of ppl curse when they dont have a vocabulary to express their feelings intelligently. I am not saying ppl who curse are bad or that i have never cursed. I also realize when you stub your toe in the dark you are not likely to discuss the situation politely at the moment but in general conversation yes I do find it ridiculous! Also my biggest non like of a curse is the "F" word! and no I wouldn't rate down unless someone was cursing towards other members or vulgarly to get a rise.
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 2:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ya i have to agree with Theutilitarian.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No not offended I do however think that it weakens whatever point they are making, and sometimes there is no point they just need the outlet we all have those days KWIM
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 2:53 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Cursing doesnt bother me, as long as its not name calling another cm member.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 4:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• People who use vulgar language lack creativity and have a limited vocabulary.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010