What do I do?

I'm seriously past ready to move forward with our relationship. (let me expain) nine months, we live 3 states apart, I know nothing about him, we're not in a steady relationship, we've slept together, we hardly ever see each other, we only talk on the phone MAYBE once a week, and we are beginning to text less and less.
There's more.
When we talk on the phone, he talks I listen. Everytime I start to talk about something important to me he has to go to bed. I want to have a home and family, but I'm not allowed to talk about it or he starts sounding upset. I have no idea what his vision of our relationship is or where he thinks its headed. We've never really talked about anything important, I have a son and I don't know if he could cope with that because of course we haven't disscussed it. I have no clue what to say to him or how to broach the subject of any of the things I just said here.
I want to move forward or stop.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Be good to yourself and find someone who will treat you as an equal, will listen, and who really cares about others. Best wishes.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would move on...Find somebody who likes to talk as well as listen. Find somebody who has the same desires in life as you do. Find somebody who lives closer to you so you can spend more time with them. I wish you the best of luck!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes, I agree sound like you are just a booty call.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 2:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yah I'd move on. IMO it doesn't sound like it'll progress and you're better off finding someone with the same family goal as you.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would move on also it just sounds to me there is not much of a connection with you both.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yea, if the relationship is like that...i say get out while you can!, you will find someone that is going to respect you and WANT to hear about your day.
    Lanie_momofone

Answer by Lanie_momofone at 6:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It sounds like he is a selfish person and is probably just using you as a friendly ear. I would move on.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I say move on also. Find someone who lives in the same town...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• move on
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Run while you can girl, he's using you as a friendly ear and POA.

-xoxo-

Answer by -xoxo- at 7:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2010