Is it possible to bleed bright red and still be pregnant?

No Pain, 6 weeks along... it started with brown spotting and now turned red into a period?

kmbrox

Asked by kmbrox at 9:50 AM on Sep. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I just went thru a miscarriage 3 weeks ago....Mine started out brown like when your period starts, I went to the ER and they did a vaginal ultrasound & saw "her" that lasted for 3 days and then came the "red" blood and I went back to the emergancy room they did another v/ultrasound and "she" was gone... so my best advise to you is to go to the ER or your OB/GYN and have it checked out..
    Luciens_Mom

Answer by Luciens_Mom at 9:55 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• red blood is never a good sign go to the hospital and get checked out!
    J_L_Fshr

Answer by J_L_Fshr at 9:56 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• Absolutely!! I did with my second pregnancy.
    I though I was having I miscarriage and went to
    the emergency room. They did an ultra sound and the baby was still in the right place.
    And there was still a heartbeat. He was born 10 days early and weighes 7lbs 8oz.
    If you are still feeling worried, just google it and call you doctor.
    http://www.womenshealthcaretopics.com/pregnancy_week_8.htm
    frugiferous

Answer by frugiferous at 10:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• You should definately check with your OB and follow up. It is not always a miscarriage but what they call a Threatened Miscarriage. You should REST!!! If the bleeding stops you still want to follow through. I went to ER with 3 of my pregnancies for the same reason. ALL turned out ok thank God. I started brown spotting and than turned into RED spotting, quite heavy but not continuous. I was only 5 weeks so it was too each to see on sono but went home with bedrest instructions and back 3 weeks later to see a little "peanut". It is obviuosly something my body does, maybe yours too. Please rest and if you are having spotting continuously, go to ER.
    Caruolo9

Answer by Caruolo9 at 10:00 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• By the way, the math works out right for what I went through. It is about the same time you would start your period? Right? Probably something your body is adjusting to. However, when you're a mother, nothing will stop your worry so just go to DR or ER to put your mind at rest. Stress can cause a miscarriage so don't stress out! :) GOOD LUCK!!!
    Caruolo9

Answer by Caruolo9 at 10:03 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• sounds like a miscarraige you should see a doctor asap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• i bled pink and had a miscarriage... my friends bled red periods and has 2 healthy boys. everyones different.
    himnme

Answer by himnme at 10:45 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• It is possible,but you'd best go get checked out. I had inplantation bleeding with all 3 pregnancies, and it was exactly what you are describing. BUT- I also had a blighted ovum, its where the egg is fertilized by the sperm, but doesn't progress any further. It was the same symptoms with that too. Please go get checked out............ Good luck, and please keep us updated.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• With my first pregnancy I had bright red blood in the 5/6 weeks. It turned out to be a blood clot that formed behind the planceta. I had all the signs of miscarriage, pressure, cramping, bright red blood and clots. I was told I was miscarrying and then a few days later went in for an u/s to confirm that all the tissue passed and they found his heartbeat. The first time I saw it was when he was suppose to be gone.

I would go to the ER or dr asap.

So yes you can bled bright red blood during pregnancy and still be fine but that is not the norm.

Good Luck and sending good vibes your way.
    mrsray45

Answer by mrsray45 at 10:49 AM on Sep. 29, 2008

• yes, it is. I had early placenta previa with my first, and bled red twice, but the placenta moved from over my cervix as the pregnancy progressed, and he was just fine.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:01 AM on Sep. 29, 2008