What are ways I could trick my baby into taking his medicine?

He has to take a teaspoon of medicine and he won't even open his mouth. any ways to get them to take their medicine?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If he takes a pacifier still, there is a pacifier that you can put liquid medicine in and they just suck it out... I always just told DS it was candy, worked like a charm lol. If it's not cough medicine, you could try mixing it it a drink or something maybe? Good luck
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 3:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Put it in his food?
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• just play with him.... get him to smile and open up...

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I tried putting it in her milk.That didn't always work though-strong taste buds I guess.If your baby's over 12months you could try putting it in some treat,like a spoonful of yogurt or perhaps juice.From my experience,distraction works best.Just play with him or read a book and slowly slip it in his mouth.Good luck.
    MyrMar

Answer by MyrMar at 3:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yogurt or applesauce work well. When they get a tiny bit older, hiding the chewable stuff in marshmallows works wonders!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 3:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010