How do you get rid of a Hiccup?

I've always heard you take a really deep breath, hold it, and swallow it. But for me it doesn't always work.

Is there something you do to get rid of the hiccups?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 3:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I just take a drink of water hold it in my mouth and bend over so my head is upside down and then I swallow the water and they have gone away. GL hiccups suck.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• May seem silly or sound funny but i have found it to work. My step son who is 4 watches noggin and one time i had the hiccups and he told me to rub my belly while patting my head and honestly it worked. Try it out. Hope it works for you. lol :)
    Tryin4GodsAngel

Answer by Tryin4GodsAngel at 3:45 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• a tablespoon of sugar followed by a glass of water. thats what my family taught me
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My best friend always puts one arm up in the air and drinks a glass of water. She says it works. I try to forget about them and they seem to go away;)
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:31 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always just have to wait it out, when i get them its painful and normally happens when i laugh too hard.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Gripe water.
    buffpuff

Answer by buffpuff at 3:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I swallow a spoonful of creamy peanut butter without chewing it. It's weird but it  works for me. Of course I didn't give my kids a mouth full of peanut butter when they were little.  The spoonful of sugar worked for them just fine.  Hiccups are irritating aren't they

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I always just drink a bunch of water really fast and that usually takes care of them for me
    BeulahBuford

Answer by BeulahBuford at 4:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I take a cup of water fold a paper towel in half, place the paper towel over the water and drink the whole cup of water.. goes away every time!!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010