Do you have any phobias?

I don't think I have any true phobias. I don't like spiders or heights, but I'm not really deathly afraid of anything.

I saw Maury do a show on Phobias one time and he has some ppl with some crazy phobias, like this one lady was irrationally scared of balloons lol

Do you have any phobias or know anyone with a strange phobia?

GavinsMommii

Asked by GavinsMommii at 3:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Haha! I saw that show on Maury too! One lady was afraid of people in costume:)

I've never seen a ghost in my life, but I have this irrational fear that if I sleep without a light on I will see one. 30 years old....Aye ye ye.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Small spaces..although I did conquer this one time while climbing through tiny tiny tunnels attached to lots of people. I wouldn't do it again, it took all my strength to not panic.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 3:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i don't like the dark or elevators
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 3:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Very afraid of fire alarms or the smell of smoke or anything burning , my heart pounds out of my chest and i freak my mind goes nuts my body physically reacts to it and it takes my 20-30 minutes ot stop shaking. parts of my body feel numb.

I was completely fine until our house fire, DH was at work and i was home alone with the 3 kids, it was one of the top 3 scariest moments in my life and I probably have PTSD because of it but have never gone to the doctor for it, my sons doctor mentioned he thought that my son and i both have anxiety issues from it.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Im scared of elevators and tornado's! We had a tornado touch down 30 miles from my house yesterday, I heard the alarm go off and i was in a pannic, we live in apt on the 3rd floor so i was sitting by the door waiting for the news to take cover so i could run down stairs to the basement i sat there for about 45mins after the tornado warning was all over and i couldent sleep lastnight at all bc of it!
    DeeMarie87

Answer by DeeMarie87 at 3:43 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Spiders. After I freak out, I freeze and then get really itchy all over and start hyperventilating. It's quite embarrassing really.

One of my friends is so terrified of snakes, that she can literally smell them.
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 3:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes, I seem to discover a new one every day. That can't be healthy, can it? lol.
    itspimpy

Answer by itspimpy at 3:48 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• dogs, in general; snakes (even pictures of them!)
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 3:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Mice I hate mice they are gross looking and you never know where them little shits are I keep traps in my home and I have lived in this house for 3 years and I have never had one ever.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 3:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• mine is really wierd. Wind. When i was a child the wind blew a door shut on my pinky, the tip of my pinky was hanging from my finger and i had to get it sewn back on. When i was younger 25mph wind would make me go into a panic attack. Now if the wind is about 40-50mph i start to sweat and shake a little. Kids would always make fun of me growing up til i figured out not to tell anyone lol. I am also afraid of dying.
    Melissa_anne

Answer by Melissa_anne at 4:47 AM on Jun. 29, 2010