How can I get my daughter to #2 in the potty?

I have been potty training my daughter for awhile now. Her want to do it has been coming and going. She just turned 3 in April.
When I first began I took her to the store and she chose her own chair. We got it all set up and she just loved it. However she would only go #2 in there, she flat out refused to tinkle. Shortly after that she didn't want to have anything to do with it at all. Now though in the last few weeks she is all about it. She understands the urge, she will tell me when she has to go, or she'll just run in there and go by herself. Only thing is though is that she will not #2. As a result of that, she hasn't had a movement in.. today was the 3rd day. What should I do? Should I go buy some diapers so she will #2? I'm worried that we'll lose the progress we've made.
Thanks all for your time.

team_stewart

Asked by team_stewart at 4:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Maybe explain the feeling of what a number 2 is and see if she recognizes it. And ask her if when she feels the number 2 coming if she can go use the potty and push it out like a big girl. I might even also incentive....something I saw that was cool was on Jon and Kate plus 8 she rewarded with 2 m&m's...maybe that'll help? or something else your daughter considers a treat.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 5:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Can you read her a book while she sits there? Helps her relax and gives her more time to go. It's normal for this to happen. They have a hard time giving it up. Good luck!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2010