Tylenol and Benadryl

My doctor recommended 1/4 teaspoon Benadryl for my 11 month old son's allergies. In my haze this morning, I gave my son tylenol after the usual diaper change, bottle, burping, rocking didn't help. Then I heard how congested he was and remembered I could have given him Benadryl.

So, is it ok if has both? The labels don't say anything about not combining the two.

rpggurleli

Asked by rpggurleli at 5:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• id call the pediatrician, er or 24 hour pharmacy
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• As far as I know, YES it's ok. They are two DIFFERENT classes of drugs. BUT, I'd CALL FIRST as he is SO YOUNG!
    plclemo

Answer by plclemo at 5:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would call the doctor's office too - does your pediatrician have a infant nurse available to field questions?

Beyond that, I can tell you that my youngest (now 5 1/2) has multiple allergies (food and environmental) and we have had to dose her before with benadryl for her allergies as well as Tylenol or Motrin for other issues. They are different drugs, treat different things and should be ok used in tandem. However, I would certainly check with the Ped because of your son's age before I went further.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 9:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i have before
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Hey Elle! Yes you can give both! I give Oliver allergy medicine everyday for his itching and I give him tylenol when he is teething :P You can always call Walgreens pharmacy when you have med questions.
    twinbies

Answer by twinbies at 1:47 AM on Jul. 7, 2010