Ruining marriages over Twilight?

I just read a news story that says some moms are ruining their marriage over their love of the Twilight series. Now I'm a book fan, and Twilight is no exception. But really? You would rather immerse yourself in Twilight than save your marriage? Come on ladies. Is there anyone here who is having marital problems because of a book?

SalemWitchChild

Asked by SalemWitchChild at 5:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• I LOVE Twilight!!. I fell in love with it when I first read the book, and I read all four of them in one week, and read them several times after that. Now, I am actually bored with books. I know what happens before I even read it. I am over the obsession. I am excited about the movie coming out, but I am not wasting my life on it. I think it is amazing how some women are so obsessed with the smallest things. But I think it is the idea of love that they are obsessed with. If you think about it, who wouldn't want someone who is willing to do anything for you, including die. It is romantic, but vampires and werewolves do not exist. I will stay content with my amazing husband, thank you.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 10:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If my husband liked the Twilight series it might have an affect on our marriage since I think those books are among the worst examples of writing I have ever personally experienced.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• wow, i really didn't think the books were THAT great. I feel that people who are obsessed with these books might have never read a good book before because there are hundreds, probably thousands that top the stupid twilight series. I read them out of curiosity & i cannot believe the fuss made about these books that are just mediocre.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If Twilight can "ruin a marriage" I think that the marriage was incredibly weak to start with. Blaming a book is a cop-out.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• SalemWitchChild

Comment by SalemWitchChild (original poster) at 5:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• wow .. no its fiction... come on ladies! lol

and yes im in LOVE with twilight series!
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• LOL that is ridiculous. Now I admit, DH was a little irritated when I sat down for a week and read all 4 books, that was a lot of reading lol but I wouldn't let my marriage fail over it! Come on ladies, put doown the book and back away slowly!
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 5:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i LOVE twilight... I mean... wow... lol.. but do i love that more than my relationship?? NO.... indeed.. i mean, yes. i do get a bit carried away lol.. but it never comes in between time with my family and personal time with my man. I think that is just silly to chase after a BOOk like that.
    midnight11287

Answer by midnight11287 at 6:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Actually Harry Potter caused problems in my marriage. I was obsessed with the books and started writing VERY erotic fanfiction to post on the web which I kept secret from my husband (who is Christian and very against porn). When he found out while snooping through my things (he thinks married people should have no privacy and that we should know everything about one another), the shit hit the fan and we had a real, first fight in our relationship. You have no idea how many women write erotic fanfiction based on their favorite books- there are millions of them and thousands of web sites to post the stories. It's easy for me and many others to become consumed by fiction whether it's because we feel we need that escape, that creative outlet or we simply love it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• im a fan of both HP and Twilight and my relationship is fine. then again he loves both too lol
    Sabiara

Answer by Sabiara at 6:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010