Would this bother anyone else in a hotel?

My inlaws rented and paid for our hotel room and we checked in and while I was using the bathroom my daughter put something in her mouth so I told her to spit it out and it was part of someones ripped off acrylic nail. Then the next day I caught her with the bottle top to a smirnoff ice which I knew wasn't ours. Hubby told his parents so that they could say something and they didnt even care. I was thoroughly grossed out and will probably never stay in that hotel again even for free. But wouldn't you want the hotel staff to at least know that their cleaning staff sucks? I mean the nail couldnt have been that hard to fins if my dd found it within 5 minutes of us getting to the room.

MooNFaeRie30

Asked by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:11 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Travel

• I would definitely call them if I were you. Just tell them you are your mother in law and make the complaint. I think hotel rooms are so disgusting to begin with. I only stay in one if we absolutely have to, and even then I don't walk barefoot and I don't use the bedding that comes on the bed. NASTY
    GavinsMommii

Answer by GavinsMommii at 6:16 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• omg i would report them to the Department of Public Health for unsanitary conditions!
    Sabiara

Answer by Sabiara at 6:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yuck you should have let them know that you either wanted another cleaner room or a discount and go to there web site and give a scathing report on how no one should go to there hotel gross!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 7:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes - I would definitely have let them know, AND told them I'd like to be moved to a clean room!

Answer by missanc at 6:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If I were you I would report it. Honestly speaking the nail would have completely grossed me out!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes totally gross but maybe it was a cheap hotel.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ew! I would at least call the hotel even if your in-laws won't. That's just gross!
    plaidtink

Answer by plaidtink at 5:33 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh GROSS!!!! I don't care how cheap the hotel is that's just sick and they need to clean better.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 9:14 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would report it also, no reason for unkept rooms at todays rates!

Answer by older at 7:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Agree with above. You should let management know.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2010