How do I find a house to rent?

My S/O and I are trying to move in together, we'd like to rent a house, but it's a small town and I don't know where to start. I've only lived in an apartment.

Our weekly classifieds are about a page and a half long and include things like "Will trade 1 acre in ------ area for nice car or truck" (not kidding, there's been an ad saying that for the last 3 weeks)

Pudge_Pie20

Asked by Pudge_Pie20 at 7:22 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Try Craigslist or Google to find places in your area good luck!
    starestrada

Answer by starestrada at 7:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would try Craigslist. I would also contact the local real estate agents, sometimes people go through them to rent their houses out. Also, word of mouth. Or simply, ride around in the area, if you see something empty that you think you would be interested in, ask the neighbors if they know if it is for rent, and who owns it! Good Luck!
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 7:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• google it

Answer by older at 7:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Try your local realtor

Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 7:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've rented a lot of houses & REALLY the BEST way to find that perfect house is to pick a neighborhood you really want t olive in, & drive around looking for a "for rent" sign. I have looked at classified adds, have looked online...but just driving around has always worked out best for me. Make a list of neighborhoods you like & start driving.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 8:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Put a WANTED AD add in the newspaper.

That you are looking for a home to rent and mention your requirements in a few words. Like monthly rent amt; neighborhood; number of bedrooms; garage; ....etc...... 

GL

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 1:56 PM on Jul. 1, 2010