With the enconomy the way it is and teens not being able to find the standard jobs. Have your teens found creative ways to make money?

I know mine has. He has become a street musician. Him and his friend who plays drums will take their Guitar and Bongos down to some of the Stores in the area and ask if they can play out in front. People love it and they have acutually have done pretty good.

oldermomof5

Asked by oldermomof5 at 7:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Money & Work

• My daughter is a red cross certified babysitter. She gets paid $8-10 an hour.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:20 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• my in laws told my oldest that if she wanted to make some money this year she could dust their house. she is only 10 but she loves to spend money all the time and loves to have her own money. but she has not made the first attempt to dust. so there for she has made no spending money.
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 7:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Everywhere around here is still hiring teenagers for traditionally "teenager" jobs (i.e., fast food, cashiers, etc).
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 8:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My dd mowes my mother's yard to make a couple bucks. at 15 and sports I feel tht is enough for her to do...
    Judmr

Answer by Judmr at 7:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My Oldest babysits, walks dogs, cleans our home, and helps neighors with their yard work.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not here we live in the RV industry area. The adults have taken over most of those jobs as most of the factories are closed, or on minimal shifts.

oldermomof5

Comment by oldermomof5 (original poster) at 8:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2010