Lincoln park or brookfield zoo??

we can't decide which zoo to go to because we aren't from the chicago area, any advice or opinions about the zoos?? any info will be appreciated =)

p8ns_mama

Asked by p8ns_mama at 8:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Travel

• Lincoln Park, hands down! Free, easy to get to on public transit, not so big that you can't see it all. Not only that, you can walk to the beach; the Nature museum; you can walk to a grocery store and pick up food for a picnic lunch or walk to one of hundreds of great restaurants!

Send me a message offlist if you have any questions at all.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Pittsburgh Zoo!! No wait San Diego Zoo is the Best!!! :o) Sorry I have never been to Chicago
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:14 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Depends on how big of a day you want to plan. A short trip should be Lincoln Park Zoo. Though parking around there is now getting expensive for the free zoo. An all day thing should be Brookfield Personally, I love both zoos. Brookfield is the larger zoo.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 8:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I was planning a trip to the brookfield zoo b/c I went there when I wasd younger and I remember how big it was! And it doesn't hurt that it is free! But I didn't know it cost to park... that kind of stinks. I going to get online and check it out more. But like rkoloms said if lincoln park is closer to other attration I would probably go there you can see more Chicago.
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 9:23 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• DD just went to the Brookfield Zoo 2 weeks ago and loved it. She even got to see a dolphin show. It's def an all day zoo trip though!
    Kissybratzmom

Answer by Kissybratzmom at 11:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Brookfield is bigger and better.
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:06 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Brookfield just opened the new natural habitat with bison and other north American animals. Love spending the day there, .train rides, dolphin shows and all.
    emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:02 AM on Jun. 30, 2010

• Lincoln Park is free but it's downtown (well north of downtown) and parking can really suck.  It's cool to look up and see the skyline, though.  I haven't been there in forever so no idea how the exhibits are any more.

Brookfield is out in the suburbs and you have to pay to get in and to park (parking is like $10 now).  We used to have a membership but it expired and it cost us a fortune to get in last time (with 2 adults and 4 kids under 10).  But they just opened their new bear exhibit (which we missed by a month).  They have a great children's area (Hamil Play Zoo, I think it's called plus a petting zoo).  I love going to Brookfield.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:13 AM on Jun. 30, 2010