Do you read to your children?

For as many years as I've done daycare and owned a preschool, I am shocked at how many parents don't read to their kids. The more you read to your kids, the the larger their vocabulary and understanding a variety of words, the easier it is for them to learn to read.

What is your child's favorite book?

Lifes-A-Dance

Asked by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in

• Yep. We read at least 4 books before bed and 2 before nap. During the day anytime she wants to.

Her favorite onr right now is If You Give A Cat A Cupcake.
    ameliasmama1

Answer by ameliasmama1 at 3:05 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes, reading was an important part of bringing up our children. Reading opens up new worlds. Probably my favorite was Three Little Pigs, mainly because when my husband read it he put in really neat sound effects and had the children, and me, rolling on the floor laughing.

Answer by Bmat at 8:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes i read to my 2yr old DD and then she reads the book to me :)
    my favorite book to read her is "The Bear Snores On" and "Mamma Do You Love Me?"
    some of her favorites are the "If You Give A...." books
    chiana

Answer by chiana at 8:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• His favorite book changes daily. Right now, it is Ten Little Dinosaurs.
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 8:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I read to my son. He likes the Mercer Meyer books, but his favorite is Chicken Soup and Rice, and my favorite is the one about the mother always singing "I like you forever, I love you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be", lol. I read him Dr. Seuss and Peter Pan and things like that, too. I was reading Les Miserables to him for a while, lol, just to try to help him sleep for naptime or bedtime. (that was more for me than him, though, lol)

He loves it, but he's highly independent, so he prefers to pretend to read, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:38 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• we read alllllllll the time! We love Max Lucado, Winne the Pooh, the Hungry Catapiller and on and on and on
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• we've read to our ds since he was still months old! he loves it, still, at 5yo. he doesn't seem to have a favorite...he likes us to read anything with him, the newspaper/comics/trade mags, my husband's old pharmacology textbooks..anything!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 8:39 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I read to the yougest but my 6 year old has been reading to me since he was 4.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes my children love storytime
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• o boy my 2yo really loves the i spy books which are not so much reading but finding stuff, but he also likes 5 little ducks and a book called sing along song (he likes books that rhyme or can be sung). my 5yo favorite book has to be chicka chicka boom boom and stop that pickle! we have also started reading alot of books about kindergarten so he will be more comfortable starting in aug.

princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 AM on Jun. 29, 2010