Her hair is falling out in chunks!

My daughter is almost 2yrs old and still has cradle cap. Its starting to go away because we let the shampoo stay on her hair longer then use a baby brush to scrub it... But now iv realized that when the flakes fall off, so does the hair thats attched to it! she has nice big patches missing now :'(

what do i do?! How do i get rid of this stuff without making her losr all her hair in the process?!

Keaton_Hazel

Asked by Keaton_Hazel at 8:42 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• idk, when my kids had cradle cap they were newborns and when the scales came off their hair did too, but i thought that was bc it was their newborn hair. what kind of shampoo are you using? i have used sebulex on kid #2 and selsum blue (non-medicated) on kid #3 and they both worked great and got rid of it in a couple of days.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The pediatrician said to put olive oil on our daughter's head and take a very soft bristle brush and massage her head. It loosens it and it helped a lot. Hope it works for you. He said to do it every day.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 8:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Have you tried Gentle Naturals Cradle Cap Treatment it is a light green bottle iwth Pooh on it. I had to use it last month on my 6 year old. His scalp was flaking off it was so gross. This took about 2 weeks befor it was all gone I would let it sit for a few mins in the batha nd use a fine tooth comb to scratch some flakes off. Good Luck
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:51 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• well she didnt have much, if any hair when she was an infant, so i guess it could still be her baby hair cause its still very soft and thin but its starting to look really silly and bad :(

i will try those shampoos. Im just useing normal johnson and johnson. Thanks.
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 8:54 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i kinda dont want to mess with it any more bexause im scared ALL her hair will fall out. I did try that one oil stuff with Pooh on the bottle and it did nothing after a month of useing it.
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 8:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Have you brang this to her doctors attention? It might not be cradle cap. I too experience this with my son and found out it was excema his head was with flake patches at the time and i was reccomended to use aveeno for him. In the meantime i would discontinue shampoo in case it's an allergic reaction that she might be experiencing. I would definitely consider bringing it to the attention of her pediatrician. If its cradle cap they can prescribe an ointment that will moisten up the scalp.
    pgee357

Answer by pgee357 at 9:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My older son has excema and this on my daughters head is different. My son had cradle cap like this too and we just shaved his head and it went away... But im not about to shave my lil girls head lol.
    Keaton_Hazel

Comment by Keaton_Hazel (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Jun. 29, 2010