Tangles!

No matter how much I brush or condition her hair, my daughter's hair gets so many tangles! She doesn't usually mind me brushing but after 30 minutes of playing, her hair is just a big mess and she doesn't always let me tie it back (braids, ponytails, etc).

Any tips (besides cutting her hair, that's not an option) for keeping her hair from getting do many tangles?

momof3inTN

Asked by momof3inTN at 8:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My daughters hair is the same way. Do you know how to do french braids? If so, I do them all the time on my daughters hair and if I do them tight enough [not to the point of hurting of course] they last for 2-3 days. Good luck!
    Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 11:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• the loreal kids spray im detangler worked good for me. and it smells nice too lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Neutrogena Triple Moisture Deep Recovery Hair Mask this is what I use on DDs hair I also comb it out wile all gooped up. My DD has really curly hair. keeping it up at night helpes alot also! I also use their leave in cream.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 8:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I would braid my daughters mane, it was the only way. I know you said she wont let you, BUT YOU'RE THE MOM! I used to threaten my daughter & say if she doesn't let me keep her hair in a braid then i will cut all her hair off. This was enough for her to let me braid it. Really, it's the best way. You're the mom, enforce the rules. Either wear a braid, or get your hair cut like a boy.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My daughter is bi-racial, and had the most beautiful tight curls in the world when she was little. I always left a little conditioner in her hair to get it combed out. It was a daily ritual!!! Thank God she takes care of it herself now, but yes, it was at least a 30 minute process!
    Maggiemae4

Answer by Maggiemae4 at 9:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• J&J No more tangles spray is good
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:04 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• satin or silk pillow case on her pillow. Might not do a lot of good during the day but it will definitely help you in the morning
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:10 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My daughter has thick, curly hair. Suave detangler works best on her hair. I also put her hair in a loose ponytail before she goes to bed at night; that keeps it from getting too tangled at night.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 9:35 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Loreal makes a leave-in conditioner for kids that works really well. You could also try mousse. Honestly though, I would tell her that her hair needs to be up or she needs a haircut. I had to do that with my DD, the constant hairbrushing battle just wasn't fun for either of us.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My daughter has thick curly hair. After her shower every night I put in Garnier Fructis Leave in Conditioning Cream and brush it through her hair - it keeps it from getting tangled during the whole next day! (I discovered it at the beach one year when she was getting awful knots from the wind blowing through it all day)

Answer by missanc at 12:48 PM on Jun. 29, 2010