Is it true that everyone can read our transcript? How?

I read that our transcript is viewable by all. How does someone get there? Also, does our transcript include the questions that we ask anonymously? If so, how is our anonymity protected?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Yes we can read your transcript - no we can not find out if you posted anon (that has been fixed)

Click on my name and you will see my transcript
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• click on a screen name here in answers
    it takes you to their transcript
    then on there is a link to go to their profile page if you want to

since you are anonymous, I can't click your name to see your transcript
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am wondering if I can post an answer and then go to my own transcript and see anon.

Answer by Bmat at 9:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I wish they would get rid of that completely or at least let us choose individually what we want everyone to see. It should be part of their privacy settings.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 9:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If you click on my name, can you see the questions that I have asked anon?
    ARgal

Answer by ARgal at 9:25 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I agree with it should be our option if we want anyone to see.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• all that shows up in what other people see on your transcript is what you did with your screen name. anonymous stuff won't be shown.
    You can view your own questions that you asked anonymous in My Questions.
    Anonymous answers you made in the past did not show up in My Answers so I am assuming they still don't but can't tell for sure since I can't answer anon yet
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I wanna put that this is the internet, even if we see your screen name there is a huge amount of anonymity in just that. Its not like we know or can find out who you are based on your screen name. We only see what you give us and what you give us could be as much or as little as you want. It could be 100% truthful, 100% lie or something in between. And most people here probably don't have the time or energy to track every single other person on this site. And if some one is tracking or "stalking" you, you should report it to cafemom and then if it escalates to the police. So to really answer your question, your anonymity is and has to be protected by you and what you decide to disclose on a public forum.
    kuriequinn

Answer by kuriequinn at 9:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

•  

• by Cafe PJBon Jun. 28, 2010 at 2:32 PM

• We probably will add privacy settings to this in the future.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:24 AM on Jun. 29, 2010