my heart- the heat or something else?

Last summer, i brought my kids to the beach by myself. dh was deployed, so he couldn't help. anyway, when we were leaving, i had to carry dd, the bag, and the towels, along with keeping my ds by my side. halfway to the car, i had to stop. i was super hot, and my heart started to feel as if it was being sqeezed. i stopped, breathed for a bit, it stopped, then went on my way. i blew it off, thinking it was just the heat and i was dehydrated so i drank some water. i've had a couple of occasions since then, where i'm hot and stressed, and it's the same. i don't think it's normal, it wasn't till recently i started thinking about it. lately i've been a bit lightheaded, and have had a couple of dizzy spells, in the AC. i haven't told dh, i don't want him to freak out (he's the type), and there's no way we can afford me to go to the doc, dh has no job right now, and dd is due for her shots, which comes first. what to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• I'd find the $$ for a dr.... better that than dead.... don't mess around when it comes to your heart
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I understand your situation, trying to juggle finances and weigh out responsibilities, but if you feel that something isn't right (and I agree) then you really need to get it checked out by a cardiologist. Your family obviously depends on you. Don't wait until something major happens with your heart. I also have a heart condition, and I know that I have to listen to my body in order to be able to be here for my kids. The alternative is too scary! Make the appointment. If dh is in the military, you may be able to use a doctor on the base or at the VA. There may also be a free or subsidized clinic you could visit in the community. If they can't help, they can refer you to someone who can. Please don't wait!
    ERR2

Answer by ERR2 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• there are always programs for free or very cheap shots!
    i understand the finances too :(
    i first recommend seeing a dr., which will probably recommend more appointments and tests.
    keep in mind that just like err2 said, your family cpunts on you.
    if you really can't go, then for right now absolutely avoid those situations that you described, the heat and physical exertion.
    make sure that you are drinking enough water, 2-3 liters, keep your body at a proper BMI for you, cut out caffeine, eat your veggies, cut the sugar, cut the white carbs...do all that you can do for your health that does not cost the family extra money while you are saving for a dr. visit! try going for long slow walks in the evening when it is not hot.
    remember, your heart is a muscle...if used heavily only once in a while you will feel it!
    emotional stress is physically hard on the heart too! take it easy mama!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 10:46 AM on Jun. 29, 2010