Do you do this?

Do you make your child stay in his/her room when he/she has done something majorly wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:55 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in General Parenting

• yes, but only for how ever many minutes their age is. So my 4 year old stays in for 4 minutes.
    They also go to their room when they are being rude, hateful or whinny
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• no, there are too many toys in there, he has to sit on the stairs
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 9:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yes, because the only thing in his room is his bedroom furniture and clothing..his playroom is down the hall. :))
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 9:56 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Same as DarkFaery here
    CaseyErin

Answer by CaseyErin at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nope. I correct, teach and discipline right there, no need for putting mine in a room.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i do... this house is small. they have toys in EVERY room, except their bedroom. most of the time, when they're out of control, it's because they need a nap. so putting them in their room can be doubly nice. lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• no they sit in a corner so they can see everyone else having a good time while they have to think about what they just did.
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 9:57 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nope, I address it directly and promptly. Depending on what it was, there might be come consequences to correct it depending on their age and development. But generally I let them know what I expected them to do instead, help them learn from the situation and move on. Sitting in their room without the help of knowing what I expected in the first place doesn't fix the problem, but then again I feel that way about time outs. I also find that the kids can always find something to do in their rooms so it negates the whole object of the disciplinary action anyway.
    Lifes-A-Dance

Answer by Lifes-A-Dance at 10:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nope. My son goes and sits on the steps. It's the only spot I have found where he can't get into anything.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I did not. I spanked their behinds, explained why, told them I loved them too much to allow that kind of behavior, and it was over.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2010