funny punishments? for not so serious problems

at 12, our son was jumping on dad's chair, dad told him to stop, so son jumped onto couch...son was grounded from sitting on the livingroom furniture for a week.
we think the punishment fit the crime and family found it funny, he got a repreve after three days, son has not jumped on furniture again, but tells story once in a while about being grounded from livingroom furniture, he laughs

anyone else have good "fun" punishments

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 9:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My mom had the same rule. If we put our feet on her furniture we lost the right to sit on it. My son got caught smoking in his room years back...a smack in the face to the privacy his door provides, so DH took a drill and took his door off his room for a month.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:38 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I have a book that I am getting ready to read called Creative Correction by Lisa Whelchel (she was Blair in the Facts of Life). It is Christian based. I haven't read it yet, but it is supposed to be full of those types of "punishment should fit the crime" types of aprroaches to discipline.
    NikkiMomof2grls

Answer by NikkiMomof2grls at 10:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I've done that one! well, mine aren't quite old enough to be "grounded" but they have spent all day not being allowed on the sofa!

DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 10:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't have any "fun" ones (but I do like yours!!) we usually tell our oldest she can not read for x amount of days - pure torture for her!

Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• thought of another

our daughter then 9, not good with the pets, just does not get it, much talk about listen to the cat hiss, he is giving you warning to let him go, still not getting it

so after long week of scratches and a very unhappy kitty..we grounded her from touching the cat for a week
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am going to have to look for that book!
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:15 AM on Jun. 29, 2010