Hitler, Really? Do you know your history?

Look don't like the man; fine. Disagree with his policies; decisions; ideas; choice in suits; burgers; or shampoo - what-freaking-ever...

You want to say he has socialist or marxist tendencies; fine.

But do you know who Hilter was? What he believed? The atrocities he committed?

"genocide of as many as 17 million civilians"
"considered Sparta to be the first Nat'l Socialist state, and praised its early eugenics treatment of deformed children"
"I consider it necessary for the Reichstag to pass the following two laws: 1) A law providing the death penalty for economic sabotage & 2) A law making the whole of Jewry liable for all damage inflicted by individual specimens of this community of criminals upon the German economy, and thus upon the German people"

When Obama &/or Dems start doing things like this - THEN you can liken them to Hilter; until then you insult & devalue the suffering of his true victims...

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 10:00 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Don't let the name calling get to ya...The more outrageous it becomes takes the merit out of their words

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yeh the whole hitler comparison is over doing it just a little! He might not be very liked or smart or whatever but he's still not a mass murderer!
    dyael

Answer by dyael at 10:03 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• too many people villify Obama. Hitler and Obama are no where close to being a like. And you are completely right...to compare the two is an insult to all those that suffered Hitler's reign.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• When Obama &/or DemsBush &/or the Rpubs start doing things like this - THEN you can liken them to Hilter; until then you insult & devalue the suffering of his true victims...

There...fixed that for ya.  Some of yall are just CRAZY. This post gets asked every few weeks and every time it seems it needs to be repointed out that the SAME Things were said about Bush. There are people on BOTH sides that say this mess please stop actring like it's isolated to one party it takes the merit out of your words. :)

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:13 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I didn't vote for him; I don't agree with everything he's done; but I do prefer him over an admin that would have included Palin. I saw today she endorsed an article where the content was essentially making this comparison; not that it's the first to do so and IDK it just amazes me that people think this is a logical comparison? It's not.

I can think of many other people in history who acted in secret; rounded people up without proof or reason for prosecution; etc...that IIMO could be closer to Hitler's mentality than what is going on today; but even then I would never make that comparison because as I said; no one has yet to even come close to the atrocities that 'man' committed in his lifetime...
    beachmamaof2

Comment by beachmamaof2 (original poster) at 10:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• There are people on BOTH sides that say this mess please stop actring like it's isolated to one party it takes the merit out of your words. :)

Who said there wasn't? The OP is speaking of today and what is happening NOW. Who said she wasn't offended by Bush being called that? I saw mostly fringe people calling Bush that, like the G20 protestors and people like that. It's more mainstream and accpetable now, or so it would seem

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:18 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• momof030404
    I have honestly never heard anyone call Bush Hitler...stupid sure; moron ok; a puppet yes...but compared to Hitler I've not heard. And no I don't think it's contained to any one party; I think both sides go above and beyond with these dramatic statements meant only to inflame people rather than address the actual issue. Like when people were crying about how the US should arbitrarily give illegal immigrants refugee status...again devaluing actual refugees in the world...those would likely have been liberals making those statements...

The point is not to attack one side or the other - but to say wake up and know what you are talking about before you say it...it just so happened that I saw something today about this comparison & Obama so that's the example I used.
    beachmamaof2

Comment by beachmamaof2 (original poster) at 10:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Nancy Pelosi called Bush that!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Sorry Beach,...but really?!??! Just Google "Bush Hitler" There are thousand sources....here' just ONE stupid montage!!

http://www.alarmingnews.com/archives/bush_hitler02.jpg

Here are thousands of other images:

http://www.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aofficial&tbs=isch%3A1&sa=1&q=bush+hitler&aq=f&aqi=g1g-m1&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Ok. Beach I get that. Here is something I found on google thought I would pass along http://semiskimmed.net/bushhitler.html . Sweet I get what you are saying but this keeps coming up as tho it's only ever happened to Obama and that it's becuse of his race. Well THAT makes no sense because the same things were said of Bush. It's NOT more acceptable by the way, it's just actually being REPORTED on now where those that said it before were given a pass by the mainstream media.

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010