Anyone else feel this way after babies? I have 2 cats & now with the kids they annoy me to high heaven, they play on the floor & are covered with hair & I am a very clean person, the cats throw up they just gross me out now & can't live with them anymore , I feel so mean & thinking of getting rid of them (plus my one cat has bitten my son twice)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Pets

• I totally understand where you are coming from. I have a cat that I got before my first son was born and I am telling you she was like my first lkid..lol.. I use to dress her up and even take her for walks but since having my two sons now 5yrs later I have the same problems the biting,throw-up, cat hair and I can't stand changing the cat litter i just don't have the time between working- from-home- taking care of the kids,going to school,homeschooling my children and my business Diapers4Hope.So my husband does.it..lol.. but all in all I love my boys and my one girl my cat..lol..Jasmine
    KyandRysmommy

Answer by KyandRysmommy at 10:21 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If the cat has bitten, you owe it to your kiddo and your pets to find them new homes,,, I would research carefully to make sure that they can stay together and go to a nice place, with no babies!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yep. I used to love animals, until I had babies...I can't stand the hair or I just never noticed it before...but I won't have pets until my kids are older probably
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 10:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I understand where you are coming from. I do like cats and dogs but when you have small babies and inside pets it can be a real horrible pain. When my little one's were crawling I would have to vacuum once or twice a day just to make sure my child wasn't covered in hair!!!!! It made me cringe when I found hair on their clothes and especially when I found hair in their mouth! ugh. And this is with me vacuuming constantly!

So now our dogs are outside dogs. We are in the country so they have a big area to get to run I was bringing them inside at night but all of a sudden they didn't want to come in anymore except when it is pouring down rain. At which time they beg at the front door to come in. I let them in until it stops.

So yes I understand. I don't hate my dogs or anything I just find them to be in the way and making more work for me than I already have.
    SandraRh

Answer by SandraRh at 10:17 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'm that way with our dog! She was my husband's baby before our actual baby was born. Now, the dog is more of a chore for ME. I'm the one who has to feed/water her, scoop the poop in the yard, and give her attention. I get so annoyed b/c I'm already exhausted from the day, and then I have to begrudgingly take care of the dog. I love animals, I just don't want to have any. Cleaning up after my DH and DD is enough work for me! Luckily, our dog is a mini Schnauzer, so she doesn't shed, but the folks I nanny for have a Jack Russell Terrier and the dog sheds EVERYWHERE ALL DAY AND ALL NIGHT! That would drive me bananas if I had to sweep that pet hair every day. Honsetly, I don't know how that dog has any hair b/c it sheds so darn much!
    kenzie07

Answer by kenzie07 at 10:27 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't like cats so I would have to say find them a good home
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 10:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I am a cat person.but not where a baby is concerned.Especially when the baby crawls on the floor and gets hands full of cat hair to put in his mouth.I think you should find them a home to go to for your child's sake.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:12 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Find a good home for the cats if this is a huge problem. You want to make sure it's a good home, though. I went through this when first son started crawling. Cat started living in basement. We gave her to a man who had a farm. The cat was happy there.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:26 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• i feel that way sometimes, overall though we've managed to make having a toddler and pets work
    mommyofone740

Answer by mommyofone740 at 8:22 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I never felt that way towards mine when my daughter was a baby. Our animals are apart of the family. We have one cat that if you annoy her enough she will bite but never break the skin. My daughter learned not to mess with her and they are best friends now. I had another cat that Bit my daughter after she presssed her hand into his belly. WE discovered that he bit her because she had pressed into a tumor that was in his belly and it hurt so I would not get rid them if they bit the child. I have to look at the situation and if it was something the child did to the animal I will not hold it against the animal.
    KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010