14 YEARS OLD WITH A BELLY RING ??

my daughter is 14 and wants a bellyring her good friend is also 14 and has already gotten hers
im not sure if i should let her get it what is your opinion? and how old do you think is appropiate?
And fyi the friend got her peircing in the 8th grade but there now going to 9th

mom2b23869

Asked by mom2b23869 at 10:28 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• thats too young.... maybe 16 would be okay....14 is right on the line, maybe??
    Tiffany8168

Answer by Tiffany8168 at 10:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• when she can do it without parental consent
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I got mine done at 15, I think 16 is more appropriate though honestly. Besides all the piercing places around here won't let you get it done unless you are 16 with parental consent or 18 without.

mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 10:40 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I had my done when I was 16. As long as she is responsible and takes care of it I really don't see it being a problem. It's a piercing that it usually covered so she shouldn't get into trouble for it at school or anything.
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 10:50 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I say Why Not? It's not going to hurt her, and if and when she is older and doesn't want it, she can take it out. Mine closed up after 7 years... It's something that's easily covered by general clothing and easy to care for... I don't see any good reason not to let her get it done...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:29 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• we just let our daughter get hers done for her 15th birthday. as long as they are responsible and are going to take care of it, why not. like the other one said, it can always be taken out and close up.
    maholland

Answer by maholland at 11:41 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• What's it going to hurt? It can be taken out and it can be hidden.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:18 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• If YOU don't want her to have one, then that should be the end of it. My daughter has her ears pierced (she's 15), but knows that anything beyond that has to wait til she has the money to pay for it AND won't need my consent to have it done.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:19 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I wouldn't have a problem with the belly ring per-se. But, I mean who's going to see it? Is she going to start wearing low cut jeans and short tops with her midriff showing? If so, then no. Or, is she going to Jamaica on summer vacation where she's going to be in the pool or on the beach. In which case yes.
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 1:39 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I told my daughter she could not have her belly pierced . She had a" friend " pierce her belly for her she was 14.  I made her take the ring out and never found out who the friend was. Now looking back I rather her have a belly ring than those ugly stretchers she now wears in her ears!

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 5:55 PM on Jun. 29, 2010