Is this normal, period after breastfeeding...(sorry if tmi)

My dd is 10 months old. She is down to nursing just before bed and then during the night when she wakes up. My period came back two weeks ago, just light pink and barely there. Now two weeks later it is still here. Now brighter red but still just enough for a pantiliner and not all day and I had a couple of days of nothing. Is this strange or just my body getting back on track? My boys I nursed one for 3 months and the other for just 1 month and my period came back normal and was always right on schedule. I am also on the mini pill and I wasn't with my boys. Could that be affecting it?

JamieLK

Asked by JamieLK at 10:58 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Health

• Sounds normal to me! Yes its the bc, make sure to take it @ the EXACT same time every day or you'll get bleeding. I had the same problem, had a period every two weeks! I finally just stopped taking the pill & make hubby wear a condom.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• That doesn't sound like mine after either of my girls (and it came back around 10-11 months both times) but I wasn't on the mini-pill either. I would guess that it could be affecting it. Since it's been about half a month, I'd go ahead and give your doctor a call to ask if you should just keep an eye on it or maybe think about switching your birth control or something.
    kttycat84

Answer by kttycat84 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• yep, sounds normal, it takes a while to get back on a "schedule"
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Yes it's normal for it to be weird like that. Mine did that for a while up until about 3 months, now my baby is 5 months and I haven't had a period since then.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 29, 2010