any stay at home moms husbands expect them to also take car of car care such as oil changes, new tires etc.?

I feel I don't get enough help around here as it is. then he also asks me or I should say tells me( He says I need you to) to get things taken care of with the car. I usually do yard work( he once in a while helps with that), the bills, kids appts., groceries, dog needs(vet visits, etc.)kids school and summer activities,meals, errands that usually pop up. the house and laundry alone are time consuming and make me feel trapped here because by the time I'm done there's not a lot of time for going out and enjoying the day or I'm just want to relax because the kids or hubbie have been driving me crazy. The least he could do is take car of the car when something goes wrong with it. I do what I do because I am home all day but it's not like I do what I want all day. I feel like I barely have time to have a life. Should I also take care of the cars or am I right to feel like thats the "mans job" to take care of such things

christina259

Asked by christina259 at 11:02 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Relationships

• Hell no!! I might get my hands dirty!! It is so a man's job, just like taking out the trash and picking up dog poo!! No woman should have to do those!! he he he
    AndysQueen

Answer by AndysQueen at 11:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• No way. That is my hubby's job lol
    jessran1218

Answer by jessran1218 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• It depends on your household. I take care of my car and he takes care of his. We don't have a yard to take care of. We both do everything else except the bills are totally mine. I don't feel it is fair if one of you has more down time then the other. You should both work hard so you can have free time together.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I don't think its a "man's job", I know more about cars then he'd ever care to know. My issue is that he seems to think his ONLY responsibility is work. I do EVERYTHING else by myself, yard work, vets, etc. If I don't do it it doesn't get done. It drives me crazy that I'm constantly running around doing stuff & he's relaxing on the couch. Yes he needs some down time but so do I!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:06 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Hell NO! you are his partner not his maid. And you need to tell him that!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I do my car, he does his. I'd be happy to take his car in too but his dealership has free wi-fi and work stations so he can work there while it's being serviced anyway. He does most of the stuff at home simply because he enjoys checking the tires for some unknown reason.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I'd much rather take care of the car. then the other things. First off it's fun to crank on the engine and relaxing.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My husband takes care of the cars. However, if he were overloaded at work and he needed me to drop off a car at an oil change place or a tire place or something I would do that.

Answer by missanc at 11:07 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• well, it depends on what is being asked. If it's something that is only open during the times he's at work and it has to get done, of course since otherwise he'd have to take time off to get it done.
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 11:08 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• BTW there really is no such thing as a man's job or woman's whoever has the time to do it should.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:09 AM on Jun. 29, 2010