9 month old with bleeding diaper rash

Same diapers as always, Dr. said not a yeast infection, airing out as much as I can. Stopped using wipes as I read on here it makes things worse. Desitin and other creams won't 'stick'/cover the surface but around it, and we're currently using Lotrimin powder to see if it helps. Seems to be keeping it dry. Started bothering him badly on the 25th, which is when it started.

Anything else I should try? if its not gone by the end of the week, I'm taking him to the doctor again.

Narakyndryn

Asked by Narakyndryn at 11:30 AM on Jun. 29, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter had this no matter how often I changed her diapers. I had to put petroleum jelly on the rash first then the diaper rash cream so that it would stay. After a couple weeks it was all cleared up.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 11:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• "Flanders Buttox Ointment"

It is behind the counter at the pharmacy. It works like NOTHING I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!! Give it 2 diaper changes, and your kid will be happy as a lark!
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:32 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Oh, and petroleum based products can actually make it WORSE- I know PP said it worked for her, but I know that I simply can not use them on my children- always made the rash miserable... It will also help yeast bloom, even if it has not already- an open sore type rash makes your child a prime candidate for yeast, even if it is not already present.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I kept destine on my daughter,I hated when she got those.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 11:33 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Wipes can take moisture from the skin making it harder to heal, but you can use plain, no color paper towels and wet them. Make sure the bottom dries completely before putting on a new diaper. Baby coulcd have developed an allergy to them??
    ABusyBee

Answer by ABusyBee at 11:34 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My son would blister and bleed wtih every tooth he cut. my heart is breaking for you and baby because I know how bad that is. You know what really helped the pain with Zach??? Maloxx liquid, it's an antiacid, so it coats teh bottom and cools it instantly. My mom is a nurse and thats what she told me to try
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:36 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• Not sure about developing an allergy to the diapers, but I know he's getting ready for a tooth, so we're thinking its that darn 'teething rash'.
    Narakyndryn

Comment by Narakyndryn (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• The best thing for a bad diaper rash is Mylanta mixed with Aquafor cream (equal parts of both). My DD would get awful rashes, that mixture healed it up very quickly.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:52 AM on Jun. 29, 2010

• I keep hearing that, and wonder if it'll work for him.
    Narakyndryn

Comment by Narakyndryn (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Jun. 29, 2010

• My DD had a problem like this we used pampers and had to stop, and when this happend and we were home our dr told us to leave them naked on some blankets and let it air out as much as possible, that that was very important not to keep it covered up and get wet, and the air dry would heal it faster. Hope that helps it helped my DD=)
    MizMzBowz

Answer by MizMzBowz at 12:27 PM on Jun. 29, 2010